trying to make a clean KSP and install and i think i screwed it up...

ok so i want to make an RSS/SO save or whatever but i dont want it to conflict with all the stuff i already had and GameData manager doesnt work for me so i though "lets start a clean instal" So i did some snooping and found a forum post and pretty much followed it. It told me to copy all my KSP files into a new folder, delete the old ones and re-install KSP. So i did that. anndddd this is where the problem comes in. My fresh ksp install works just fine but my old one, wont even launch. I click the executable and its just a black screen and i've sat there for like 20 minutes to see if it will start loading it never does and i dont know why. There's no error log or anything, anyone know about this?

I need directory names to help you. Also, are you on Steam? Which one works, the Steam version or your copied version?

Also, a bit more on what you deleted would be handy. What directories/files did you delete, specifically?

The most likely things is you didn't copy the subdirectories, and only copied the files. Or, you deleted the "Squad" directory from gamedata. But those are just a stabs in the dark without more information.

Edited by 5thHorseman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.