Stock P&W R-4360 Propeller

This is a stock 1:1 scale replica of the Pratt & Whitney R-4360 Wasp Major propeller engine. This engine utilizes 40 1.25 meter reaction wheels and produces a modest 230 kN of thrust. The bearing is very strong, and the engine is extremely smooth when operating. Its root-part is a large girder, allowing it to be easily attached to another craft. It should be noted that the thrust value mentioned is when the blades are set to maximize stationary thrust.

M7Z9GeO.jpg

QSF9Cqu.jpg

5FVVjnJ.jpg

Download Link: https://kerbalx.com/Kronus_Aerospace/Kronus-R-4360-Propeller-Engine

Part Count: 94   (93 without decoupler)

Mass: 11.42 tonnes

94 parts?! Put two of those on an aircraft and that's already 198 parts!!

Imagine the possibilities though... circumnavigating Kerbin with an electric propeller.  I still struggle with building a good stock propeller myself, so kudos to you on this feat of engineering. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

1 hour ago, Speed_Kerman said:

94 parts?! Put two of those on an aircraft and that's already 198 parts!!

Imagine the possibilities though... circumnavigating Kerbin with an electric propeller.  I still struggle with building a good stock propeller myself, so kudos to you on this feat of engineering. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

Glad you like it! I actually have very little experience with electric props, so I am very happy with how this one turned out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.