How do I earn items for my inventory in KSP (for Steam)

WillWam

I'm sorry if the title wasn't too clear, but in case you have never used Steam, you have an inventory full of cards that you can sell for money or "gems". Is there any way to earn these in the game?

Feel free to yell at me if I'm unclear. Thanks.

Trading cards are just a way to earn some useless Steam levels and are meant as an incentive for endless microtransactions that Steam will get a 30% cut from. They don't have anything to do with their respective games at all.

Oh wait, earn? You just have to play some time to get 50% of them, the rest have to be bought or traded or you have to be lucky to randomly get a booster of three random cards for a game you played in the last few weeks.

Edited by Harry Rhodan

On 11/22/2018 at 3:05 PM, stibbons said:

KSP doesn't have achievements, cards, or pretty much any other Steam features. Workshop support for sharing craft was only added in the last few months.

You seem to know a little about it. Do you think there are any plans? TBH I think it would be a good idea if you like, completed the research tree you would get a special pack or something (obviously wouldn't work in sandbox).

15 minutes ago, WillWam said:

Do you think there are any plans?

Since the game was not originally released on Steam, and it is also distributed on services that compete with Steam, there has been some pushback to offering steam-centric services.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Harry Rhodan said:

Trading cards are just a way to earn some useless Steam levels and are meant as an incentive for endless microtransactions that Steam will get a 30% cut from. They don't have anything to do with their respective games at all.

Oh wait, earn? You just have to play some time to get 50% of them, the rest have to be bought or traded or you have to be lucky to randomly get a booster of three random cards for a game you played in the last few weeks.

KSP doesn't have achievements, cards, or pretty much any other Steam features. Workshop support for sharing craft was only added in the last few months.

•  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.