[1.7.x] Science - Full Transmit!

Tekaoh

Science - Full Transmit!

Get full science rewards from transmitting your science! Sometimes you just want your entire science reward without returning all the way home from Eeloo. That's a long way! And we already have a radio on board! This simple module manager patch will teach your kerbals to communicate their findings more effectively with words and phrases rather than relying on more primitive ways of gaining understanding like sight, touch, and taste.

Note: This mod only works with science gained after installation. If you have any science you want to transmit and it's not offering you your full reward, try resetting your experiment and running it again.

Requires Module Manager.

Now on CKAN!

Github: Download or Browse Source (Spoiler: It's only 7 lines long.)

Are you about to reply to point out that this mod is cheating? Don't worry, you don't have to download this if you don't want to!

But if you're like me and your OCD requires you to get 100% completion on every science situation available but sometimes you just want to transmit your science home without having to fly all the way back, then this mod is for you. Give it a try!

Other OCD friendly mods that I like (and therefore recommend):

Science - Full Reward! (Continued)

[X] Science! Continued - Science Checklist

Field Research Contract Pack

License: MIT

Edited by Tekaoh
Edit links

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 8:22 AM, Tekaoh said:

Science - Full Transmit!

Get full science rewards from transmitting your science! Sometimes you just want your entire science reward without returning all the way home from Eeloo. That's a long way! And we already have a radio on board! This simple module manager patch will teach your kerbals to communicate their findings more effectively with words and phrases rather than relying on more primitive ways of gaining understanding like sight, touch, and taste.

Note: This mod only works with science gained after installation. If you have any science you want to transmit and it's not offering you your full reward, try resetting your experiment and running it again.

Requires Module Manager.

(I'm working on adding my mod to CKAN...)

Github: Download or Browse Source (Spoiler: It's only 7 lines long.)

Are you about to reply to point out that this mod is cheating? Don't worry, you don't have to download this if you don't want to!

But if you're like me and your OCD requires you to get 100% completion on every science situation available but sometimes you just want to transmit your science home without having to fly all the way back, then this mod is for you. Give it a try!

Other OCD friendly mods that I like (and therefore recommend):

Science - Full Reward!

[X] Science! - Science Checklist

Field Research Contract Pack

(This is my first mod. So if it looks like I've done something completely wrong, please be friendly and let me know.)

i believe that you need a licence, ask a moderator for more details

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 1:39 AM, mabdi36 said:

i believe that you need a licence, ask a moderator for more details

My repository is released under the MIT license, as I've seen other mods do.

https://github.com/Tekaoh/KSP-Science-Full-Transmit/blob/master/LICENSE

Is that what you mean, or am I missing something else?

Edited by Tekaoh

14 hours ago, Tekaoh said:

My repository is released under the MIT license, as I've seen other mods do.

https://github.com/Tekaoh/KSP-Science-Full-Transmit/blob/master/LICENSE

Is that what you mean, or am I missing something else?

Yes, just make sure you have something like this at the bottom of your post

Licence: MIT

Edited by mabdi36

On 1/6/2019 at 11:30 PM, metl said:

Does this only affect transmittable science or all experiments?

It basically eliminates the penalty from transmitting your science so that you get the same science from transmitting as you do from recovering. When used together with Science: Full Reward (linked above), you will always get 100% of the science available from any given experiment.

• 1 year later...

How does this interact with CommNet? Does it give the full science even if the signal is weak or do you still need to have 100% signal strength as usual? (Please excuse the necroposting, but since this is a mod thread I though opening a new one just to ask this question wouldn't be the way to go :wink:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, Cucco-Master said:

How does this interact with CommNet? Does it give the full science even if the signal is weak or do you still need to have 100% signal strength as usual? (Please excuse the necroposting, but since this is a mod thread I though opening a new one just to ask this question wouldn't be the way to go :wink:)

With this mod, you should just get 100% science no matter your signal strength.

Normally, signal strength just gives a bonus of up to 40% over the base transmit value. Since this mod modified the transmit value to 100% of the base value, there is no more bonus to give. So signal strength would no longer make a difference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.