KSP VAB/SPH Merge Button?!

You have your craft you are building, and a craft that is saved. The attachment point on the saved craft has to be set as the root part. You click the Merge button, click "continue without saving", select the saved craft from the list, and then stick the saved craft onto your current craft at the proper attachment point.

If the attachment point of the saved craft is not set as the root part in the saved file, you can still reroot it while it is "ghosted", after you click the Merge button.

Edited by bewing

32 minutes ago, bewing said:

If the attachment point of the saved craft is not set as the root part in the saved file, you can still reroot it while it is "ghosted", after you click the Merge button.

If you are running Editor Extensions, you will need to disable the ReRoot function in the EEX settings in order for the reroot to be able to work ona ghosted assembly

Okay thanks, Because I just figured it out yesterday ON MY OWN! I know that that there have been forums about this but they never seemed to figure it out, so I was wondering if anyone has figured it out and if not I'd share my findings. But I was trying to build a rover and skycrane attached and take it to duna (And land it like the curiosity, Not sure if it'll work, but I'll try). I had the Skycrane prebuilt and saved, and then finished building the rover in the SPH. Then when I had it completed and tried merging them there was no attachment node. I was using the KIS winch and connector ports as nodes because I will be lowering it using the winch. Until I clicked the reroot and set the winch of the ghosted out craft as the root part, which was the Skycrane, and Voilà! the attachment nodes appeared. Now all I have to do is testing and balancing! It'll be so cool if it works. 

Edited by max17

6 hours ago, max17 said:

Because I just figured it out yesterday ON MY OWN!

Congratulations on doing that; HOWEVER, just my opinion, it would have been better for you to have either a) written what you knew as a helpful contribution (no matter how informal a "tutorial") or b) posed the question as one in which you were genuinely seeking help.  There is or should be no c) "test whether other people know what I have just found out."  At least make it clear whether you are posing a real request for help or are contributing some cool discovery.

Or go to What Did You Do In KSP Today, which is a good place to talk about things that have made you happy or proud!  :)

Edited by Hotel26

On 11/24/2018 at 6:09 PM, Hotel26 said:

Congratulations on doing that; HOWEVER, just my opinion, it would have been better for you to have either a) written what you knew as a helpful contribution (no matter how informal a "tutorial") or b) posed the question as one in which you were genuinely seeking help.  There is or should be no c) "test whether other people know what I have just found out."  At least make it clear whether you are posing a real request for help or are contributing some cool discovery.

Or go to What Did You Do In KSP Today, which is a good place to talk about things that have made you happy or proud!  :)

I see what you mean but I did not mean it that way. The reason I didn't pose it as a genuine help question and I was thinking whether I should or not, is because I didn't want to make it seem like all the other KSPers weren't able to figure it out in all the years past. I'm a noob at this game, and in no way better than anyone here, infact this is the only game I play, and I can't even go to duna, been trying for months. Sorry for any implications I may have caused.

Edited by max17

3 hours ago, max17 said:

I see what you mean but I did not mean it that way. The reason I didn't pose it as a genuine help question and I was thinking whether I should or not, is because I didn't want to make it seem like all the other KSPers weren't able to figure it out in all the years past. I'm a noob at this game, and in no way better than anyone here, infact this is the only game I play, and I can't even go to duna, been trying for months. Sorry for any implications I may have caused. 

Not a worry, my friend.  And welcome to the forum!!  You'll find (my experience) that people here are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, so don't hesitate to ask and/or share.  And, again, well done for what you figured out!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.