Somebody stole or crashed my rover.

magnemoe

Just an seat and an docking port left. 
FyGwHsVl.png

It was parked next to the base living area as seen here.
ihfsn4tl.png

Never seen anything like that before. I assume it clipped trough ground as I had an landing with problems who went out past 2.3 km on the emergenzy burn to avoid crashing and then went back again for an controlled landing. 

2 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

I've never seen it before either... until 1.5. A Duna rover of mine dropped right through the ground and disappeared into the planet.

Either a terrain bug or glitch, or the Kraken's new way of slaughtering Kerbals

Still at 1.45 and yes not run into this before, had this rover for over 100 days without problems. 
I guess the problem was jump back into range for the base also tabbing to base and back but think this had happened by then.
It was on minmus flats so easy terrain, still rovers on wheels will bounce on load and this might put them below surface 

9 hours ago, Pecan said:

A: Micrometeorite.
B: Just KSP behaving as normal (I've never really trusted anything 'landed')

C some kerbal at base did an joyride and crashed it. 

But yes folding up the wheels might prevent this, use that then i work as an KAS winch relay. Sent another one to Minmus, main consern is that this design is part of standard-base setup. 

11 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Either a terrain bug or glitch, or the Kraken's new way of slaughtering Kerbals

Happened to me on Minmus, when driving over highlands over 3500m. At that altitude the default time warp mode is standard, not phys-warp. I pressed '.' and the game just stopped checking for collisions against terrain and the rover went directly into the ground.

50 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Happened to me on Minmus, when driving over highlands over 3500m. At that altitude the default time warp mode is standard, not phys-warp. I pressed '.' and the game just stopped checking for collisions against terrain and the rover went directly into the ground.

For safety, I always hold Alt when speeding up time while roving.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.