[Request] Stop trim from resseting when set by advanced control mode.

Hello.

I noticed that if you switch to the advanced control mode (turning the orange surface control indicator needles into blue needles), you can use it as a trim - which works a lot better than the old trim mode.

There is a problem with this though, once you set the trim as you want, if you switch back to flight mode (turning the needles back to orange) the control surfaces will reset back to center, basically overriding your set trim. Therefore you can't fly the craft after trimming it - assuming this advanced mode was supposed to be used as a trim.

Would it be possible that you guys added a feature so that when you switch back to normal flight mode, the control surfaces center is where you set the trim to? For example, I set the elevator blue needle 1 dot over the center, therefore when I switch back to flight mode and let go of my control axis, the orange needle should rest at that +1 dot position.

We would also need to be able to reset this trim (setting the blue needles back to center with a single button combination). Since we already have a "reset trim" function in the controls (I believe it's LB+A on the Xbox), it could also be used for this.

Thanks

Ps.: Should I post this to the bugtracker as a suggestion? I'm afraid Devs won't read it here.

the blue needles indicate percise mode and it's supposed to make your inputs finer, it's not so important for a console guy because you can adjust incremental with the stick, on pc you get more deflection if you hold the button longer, so u dont have to go full deflection @mach4. So it's not supposed to trim, i wrote a bugreport months ago. But you are right that it works better to trim stuff than the current trimsystem. i guess it should had been the new trimsystem but something got messed up at the last "patch"

11 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Ps.: Should I post this to the bugtracker as a suggestion? I'm afraid Devs won't read it here.

Try putting it in Suggestions and Development Discussion. If you have a bug or glitch, you'll need to put it on the SQUAD Bugtracker.

: )

On 11/27/2018 at 10:45 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Try putting it in Suggestions and Development Discussion. If you have a bug or glitch, you'll need to put it on the SQUAD Bugtracker.

: )

The bugtracker also allows you to create suggestions, so I was wondering.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.