SQUAD

A "KSP Loading..." Preview: New Idle Animations

Recommended Posts

Update 1.6 will include new idle animations for our Kerbals. How many can you spot?

via Gfycat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Anybody working on moving around in IVA? 

Or hoses?

Amendment: First!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool! I always thought that the Kerbals should feel more alive on EVA. I mean, real astronauts don't just stand perfectly still, do they? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see if they would fall off gilly by practicing the high kicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see them do the little low gravity two-foot hop that Apollo astronauts used on the moon. Be fun to see Kerbals hopping around and they''d move faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I'd love to see them do the little low gravity two-foot hop that Apollo astronauts used on the moon. Be fun to see Kerbals hopping around and they''d move faster.

Yeah, that'd be great!

By the way, some of these are hilarious.

*looks at gloves*

AAAGH THEY'RE DIRTY! *frantically rubs gloves on suit*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SQUAD said:

How many can you spot?

I can spot not enough part revamps in this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

How fun! Wait is there a surface sample collection animation?

I was going to ask about that. There was a couple of sample-taking animations shown back in the pre-release days, but they were never put in the game and I don’t know why not. I’ll try to find them later when I’m not on mobile. If I get a chance, that is. Busy evening ahead. Maybe someone else will dig them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

but they were never put in the game and I don’t know why not.

It's one of the conundrums of the universe.  Along with the unused Porkjet revamped parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

There was a couple of sample-taking animations shown back in the pre-release days, but they were never put in the game and I don’t know why not.

I always assumed it would make science gathering even MORE annoying by delaying the process to show the animation that you've already seen 500 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New animations! Yay! I wonder if the Enhanced Edition will be updated to 1.6 (as we got a few hints in the last 'KSP Loading') Before you know it, we'll have KSP version 2.0.0!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I always assumed it would make science gathering even MORE annoying by delaying the process to show the animation that you've already seen 500 times.

Hm, I don't know. Needn't be more cumbersome than the flag planting animation I think. 2-3 seconds?

5 hours ago, SQUAD said:

How many can you spot?

8?

Edited by Pthigrivi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

New animations! Yay! I wonder if the Enhanced Edition will be updated to 1.6 (as we got a few hints in the last 'KSP Loading') Before you know it, we'll have KSP version 2.0.0!

Minecraft isn't at 2.0 yet and it passed 1.9 a very long time ago. Besides, 2.0 implies huge changes, the kind that we haven't ever seen done all at once. I'm skeptical Private Division and/or Squad will take the risk, since it will attract a lot of hype and if it flops, it will flop big-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i didnt know i needed this so badly until i saw it! now my kerbals can look interesting when they are standing around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Minecraft isn't at 2.0 yet and it passed 1.9 a very long time ago. Besides, 2.0 implies huge changes, the kind that we haven't ever seen done all at once. I'm skeptical Private Division and/or Squad will take the risk, since it will attract a lot of hype and if it flops, it will flop big-time.

It was meant to be a joke...

: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ok with those mannerisms, but, loose the heart hold salute and the shaking hands mannerisms. One is political, the other looks like a medical condition. Neither have any place in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jagfour said:

I'm ok with those mannerisms, but, loose the heart hold salute and the shaking hands mannerisms. One is political, the other looks like a medical condition. Neither have any place in this game.

Maybe that's the Kerbal salute?  Are we now removing all salutes from games?  Goodness me.  I'm so behind on the political landscape.

It's not a medical condition.  She's examining her hands and is shaking off the gross space gunk she sees on them.

Edited by klgraham1013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, this is quite the pleasant surprise! It really makes Kerbals more "alive," and less like astronaut statues. Small details like this add loads of character to the game, and recent updates seem to be full of them.

Thank you!

 

 

Oh, and I suppose I can salute the animators now.

bGTe79q.png

 

Edited by GearsNSuch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now