A "KSP Loading..." Preview: New Idle Animations

SQUAD

3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I'd love to see them do the little low gravity two-foot hop that Apollo astronauts used on the moon. Be fun to see Kerbals hopping around and they''d move faster.

Yeah, that'd be great!

By the way, some of these are hilarious.

*looks at gloves*

AAAGH THEY'RE DIRTY! *frantically rubs gloves on suit*

37 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

How fun! Wait is there a surface sample collection animation?

I was going to ask about that. There was a couple of sample-taking animations shown back in the pre-release days, but they were never put in the game and I don’t know why not. I’ll try to find them later when I’m not on mobile. If I get a chance, that is. Busy evening ahead. Maybe someone else will dig them up. 

18 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

There was a couple of sample-taking animations shown back in the pre-release days, but they were never put in the game and I don’t know why not.

I always assumed it would make science gathering even MORE annoying by delaying the process to show the animation that you've already seen 500 times.

51 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I always assumed it would make science gathering even MORE annoying by delaying the process to show the animation that you've already seen 500 times.

Hm, I don't know. Needn't be more cumbersome than the flag planting animation I think. 2-3 seconds?

5 hours ago, SQUAD said:

How many can you spot?

8?

Edited by Pthigrivi

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

New animations! Yay! I wonder if the Enhanced Edition will be updated to 1.6 (as we got a few hints in the last 'KSP Loading') Before you know it, we'll have KSP version 2.0.0!

Minecraft isn't at 2.0 yet and it passed 1.9 a very long time ago. Besides, 2.0 implies huge changes, the kind that we haven't ever seen done all at once. I'm skeptical Private Division and/or Squad will take the risk, since it will attract a lot of hype and if it flops, it will flop big-time.

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Minecraft isn't at 2.0 yet and it passed 1.9 a very long time ago. Besides, 2.0 implies huge changes, the kind that we haven't ever seen done all at once. I'm skeptical Private Division and/or Squad will take the risk, since it will attract a lot of hype and if it flops, it will flop big-time.

It was meant to be a joke...

: )

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

ok, they aren't that bad. wouldn't mind seeing something along those lines in the future. the last one I can see being used for KAS though.

39 minutes ago, jagfour said:

I'm ok with those mannerisms, but, loose the heart hold salute and the shaking hands mannerisms. One is political, the other looks like a medical condition. Neither have any place in this game.

Maybe that's the Kerbal salute?  Are we now removing all salutes from games?  Goodness me.  I'm so behind on the political landscape.

It's not a medical condition.  She's examining her hands and is shaking off the gross space gunk she sees on them.

Edited by klgraham1013

I have to say, this is quite the pleasant surprise! It really makes Kerbals more "alive," and less like astronaut statues. Small details like this add loads of character to the game, and recent updates seem to be full of them.

Thank you!

Oh, and I suppose I can salute the animators now.

bGTe79q.png

Edited by GearsNSuch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.