A "KSP Loading..." Preview: New Idle Animations

SQUAD

2 hours ago, tater said:

I just checked, and on EVA on the Mun have parachutes. Looks terrible.

I thought I saw one with the chute OFF, at some point, but now I think I'm just crazy.

Just like regular parachutes, when the personal parachute is cut (either because you successfully landed, entered a vacuum or manually cut it), the visible backpack will disappear.

Edited by GrandProtectorDark

On 12/1/2018 at 8:12 AM, GregroxMun said:

You've been waiting for hours on the surface of the Mun.

Jeb is bored. He is no longer idling. He is just standing there. Waiting.

You blink. You nearly miss it. For a split second, you see it.

Hide contents

9nrveqauwk121.jpg

And then just as quickly as it started, it was all over. You log on to the KSP subreddit and KSP Forums and check your sanity. No one believes you.

You are my hero.

If only I were to give several likes...

On 12/1/2018 at 3:42 AM, GregroxMun said:

You've been waiting for hours on the surface of the Mun.

Jeb is bored. He is no longer idling. He is just standing there. Waiting.

You blink. You nearly miss it. For a split second, you see it.

Hide contents

9nrveqauwk121.jpg

And then just as quickly as it started, it was all over. You log on to the KSP subreddit and KSP Forums and check your sanity. No one believes you.

God, no. *vomits in all directions*

Everyone getting so upset over the notion of a dab is making me want to suggest the fortnite dances as idle animations, or easter eggs.

I want to watch the people who get upset over the things other people enjoy pull their hair out, and see the world burn

Spyro did it.

7 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Just like regular parachutes, when the personal parachute is cut (either because you successfully landed, entered a vacuum or manually cut it), the visible backpack will disappear.

Then how is it I was on EVA on the Mun with a parachute, as well as in orbit?

AktUQpz.png

ooeCCqI.png

I"m not upset. I was serious when I said I demand if Dab is added, they also add the Carlton. And every other moronic thing ever devised over the past ... oh let's say ever.

I think this should include but not be restricted to:

The Macarena
The Twist
The Way Axl Rose dances
Twerking
Planking
The Charleston
The Moonwalk
All other break-dance moves
Every way anybody has ever celebrated anything in American Football
Yes I include Johnny "Football" Manziel's "money hands"

10 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Every way anybody has ever celebrated anything in American Football any sports

Fixed that for you. There's a couple other ones where it seems to be a required skill on the curriculum to 'invent' a particular way to spaz out when scoring.

11 minutes ago, Lupi said:

reread the post again; you have to hit "cut chute" if i read it right

So I EVA on the Mun, then I have to deploy (it won't, the pressure is too low), then cut the chute? On the Mun. Or in orbit.

It's dumb.

Chutes should have to be explicitly enabled, the only astronauts with chutes were early cosmonauts. The Shuttle ejection seats (STS-1 to 4) had the chute on the seat, I believe.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, Deddly said:

How about Kerbals with very low Courage scores constantly checking over their shoulders with a concerned look on their face most of the time? :D

The potential here is endless, I love all these ideas :)

Great idea.

Making fuller use of the courage/stupidity stats this way would give those stats more of a purpose. You want a crew that tends to strike strong brave poses... go with the high courage ones.

Want panicked glove wiping, nervous jitters types... grab some with low courage kerbals.

Don't have ideas of the top of my head for the high stupidity anims (other than ones that would be far too long/involve too much movement etc.) but I'm sure there's no shortage of suggestions here.

15 minutes ago, purpleivan said:

Don't have ideas of the top of my head for the high stupidity anims

Jeb's iconic "Watch this, hold my beer." move comes to mind.

Or the one where they actually remove their helmet to test the atmosphere on Laythe for the EVA report.

Edited by swjr-swis
eva report

4 hours ago, tater said:

Then how is it I was on EVA on the Mun with a parachute, as well as in orbit?

The chute will disappear after having been used. 
Stepping into a vacuum and then using it will only result in a "can't use this right now". But you haven't used the chute yet.

The chute will only disappear if actually and fully deployed.

2 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

The chute will only disappear if actually and fully deployed.

So what's the point of pointing this out, exactly? The point is that space suits should not by default have an ugly parachute on the back, it looks stupid. If the particular mission requires a chute, then great, but it makes every other EVA in the game look idiotic.

Given how bad the chute looks on the (newly redone) space suits, it would be better to allow a parachute to deploy, and have no chute model at all on the suit. 99.99999999999999% of the time you'll never use a chute, yet we see it 100% of the time.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I"m not upset. I was serious when I said I demand if Dab is added, they also add the Carlton. And every other moronic thing ever devised over the past ... oh let's say ever.

I think this should include but not be restricted to:

The Macarena
The Twist
The Way Axl Rose dances
Twerking
Planking
The Charleston
The Moonwalk
All other break-dance moves
Every way anybody has ever celebrated anything in American Football
Yes I include Johnny "Football" Manziel's "money hands"

Sure, it's unnecessary to add things like this into the game. It would be a lot of animation work for very little benefit. But I also don't see the point of criticizing things that people do for fun in a forum about a game that people play for fun.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, Kerbalstar said:

Nice! Anybody working on moving around in IVA?

Oh, yes, please. Add a little HUD to the helmet visor, maybe a tiny little navball to to lower edge and maybe a magnification lense to flip down/into view. Lovely idea!

BUT...

I would prefer you to make Kerbals...

- not drift on ladders (WHY NOT STICK THEM THERE - YOU DO NOT SLIDE ON LADDERS)

- not fall off even slightly moving vehicles

- not slide on even the least inclined surface

That would be infinitely better than idle animations. I mean, how often do they really stand around in our view compared to falling off stuff.

Raise your hand if you are with me!

Edited by dr.phees
A suggestion

On 11/27/2018 at 10:59 AM, SQUAD said:

Update 1.6 will include new idle animations for our Kerbals.

I really love the idle animations, especially of Jeb on the Mun, but when the animations are done, the Kerbals jitter into the regular pose. 

I know I'm being perfectionist, but can you please make it smooth? It really bothers me!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.