A "KSP Loading..." Preview: New Idle Animations

SQUAD

9 hours ago, dr.phees said:

would prefer you to make Kerbals...

- not drift on ladders (WHY NOT STICK THEM THERE - YOU DO NOT SLIDE ON LADDERS)

- not fall off even slightly moving vehicles

- not slide on even the least inclined surface

That would be infinitely better than idle animations. I mean, how often do they really stand around in our view compared to falling off stuff.

Well sure, but that is not an artist/animator's problem, that's an entirely different problem all together :)

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

While we're talking about animations, has anyone noticed that Kerbals can turn their heads to the side on a ladder if you press Shift?

That's not simply an animation, it has an actual function: press a directional key and the kerbal will attempt to jump and grab on to another nearby ladder.

6 hours ago, Deddly said:

Well sure, but that is not an artist/animator's problem, that's an entirely different problem all together :)

Ok. Rephrased:

Currently I would prefer SQUAD/4k to put developers on the job of improving KSP, not artists.

Better?

The reason is, that there are so *many* little bugs, that exist forever and finally fixing them would actually polish the game play a lot.

Edited by dr.phees

10 hours ago, dr.phees said:

The reason is, that there are so *many* little bugs, that exist forever and finally fixing them would actually polish the game play a lot.

In my experience, the bugs that stick around the longest are the hardest to fix. It's possible they just haven't figured it out yet.

And hiring more programmers does not fix bugs faster. Generally it makes it take longer.

I disagree with the term 'Polished'. Adding improved artwork is really great. Love it. But I cannot call this game 'polished' with the number of bugs and severe memory leakage I encounter at every turn. My latest example: launch an SSTO to orbit. Takes a while, thanks to the stutter caused by poor garbage collection. Perfmon shows pretty steady memory leakage the whole time too. But I eventually make it and everything looks great. Now 'Switch to' another orbiting ship, and immediately 'Switch to' back. Both of my 'Medium Landing Gear' are now rotated all out of whack. Every 'Switch to' rotates them to a new random position. Makes landing impossible! I managed to manually edit the 'persistent.sfs' game file to fix the orientation, but I suspect only a handful of gamers would be able to do that. That should never be needed with a 'polished' game. My opinion of KSP is that it's at the far opposite end of the 'polished' spectrum right now...

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.