I can run Kerbal Space Program on my chromebook

Mieyo

So i did this thing with my chromebook. I got my little chromebook and converted it to Linux, downloaded KSP and started to make basic rockets! Now the thing is I can't run it with the graphics all the way up. Only on the most potato settings. I made it to the Mun and started to download craft files. Overall I'm feeling pretty good about this. What about you guys?

(BTW I'm new)

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

My school chromebook won't even let me watch livestreams or check my home email, I doubt they'd let me run KSP!

I have ways to get around things...

HACKERMAN: KSP Edition!

: )

18 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yeah! It has a framerate of about 20-30 frames a second, and has about 20 mods. Although it does heat up like a jet engine when I play the game

Mine is around that, but without any mods XD

19 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Man, I wish my school gave us free laptops. But then I probably wouldn't have bought a legitimate PC, so whatever. I might have to convert an old Chromebook we have to Linux to let it run anything for the lols.

yeah, that's pretty much what i did.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:14 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Is the Chromebook the laptop you dropped? 

And @The_Cat_In_Space  and @Ultimate Steve, you guys are so luck to have school chromebooks. My school only has  old, clumky laptops from like 8 years ago.

My school has MacBook Airs....

They're 700$ apeice. They could've bought Chromebooks for everyone for the price of our 2 MacBook carts.

Our school has crappy Chinese laptops from some unpronounceable make... I ran a system spec:

1.5 GHz Dual-core (no turbo or over clock)

2 GB of RAM 

Some sort of cheap shared integrated graphic card

11.6 inch screen

Runs Win 10 lite or something

I installed the KSP demo and a PlayStation 1 emulator on it, hope the poor sap who had to use it after me had a bit of fun.

Our school doesn't provide laptops. We have to bring or buy them ourselves. In fairness though it is also a boarding school for some of the students (myself not included) so it's basically just a personal use thing too, not dedicated to school. 

12 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Our school has crappy Chinese laptops from some unpronounceable make... I ran a system spec:

1.5 GHz Dual-core (no turbo or over clock)

2 GB of RAM 

Some sort of cheap shared integrated graphic card

11.6 inch screen

Runs Win 10 lite or something

I'm involved when we buy new or upgrade the laptops used by our employees who need them.

While my main concern is about content protection (built-in encryption and such) my second wish is for as crappy 3D performance as possible.

Because I don't want people to be tempted to install software not on the Corporate List (yes, with capital letters).

ps.

I should add that we have very nice programs for employees to buy their own computers from the same vendors as we use for internal use and using our seriously reduced prices.

Partly for the same reasons ;)

ds.

• 3 years later...

I’m kind of scared to try converting mine to Linux bc my school is really strict on laptop use. (eg, they have an app to see all of our screen’s while we are in class). I’ve found a couple of ways to get around the blanket ban on almost all good sites (forums, YouTube, etc.), but am too scared to take the next step into fully removing goguardian (the app I mentioned earlier) from the laptop.

12 hours ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

I’m kind of scared to try converting mine to Linux bc my school is really strict on laptop use. (eg, they have an app to see all of our screen’s while we are in class). I’ve found a couple of ways to get around the blanket ban on almost all good sites (forums, YouTube, etc.), but am too scared to take the next step into fully removing goguardian (the app I mentioned earlier) from the laptop.

I left Windows installed on it, Linux is on another partition that can't be seen from the Windows.

My home pc has 8gb of ram, and can run SSPX, EVE, Restock and a bunch more

the only problem is that is very prone to crashing.

i pray to the kraken every second to not crash on reverts, launches, and booting the game...

also y school computer cant even open ksp...

Its pretty bad

10 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

goguardian

thats a sketchy app.

Ive heard horror stories of abuse from it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.