I can run Kerbal Space Program on my chromebook

Mieyo

On 10/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, Zozaf Kerman said:

I’m kind of scared to try converting mine to Linux bc my school is really strict on laptop use. (eg, they have an app to see all of our screen’s while we are in class). I’ve found a couple of ways to get around the blanket ban on almost all good sites (forums, YouTube, etc.), but am too scared to take the next step into fully removing goguardian (the app I mentioned earlier) from the laptop.

dont worry about it

worst that happens is you get a stern talking to and or detention

any contracts you signed are null and void as you are a minor

no property damage will have taken place

nothing will really change for them

trust me it's worth it 

43 minutes ago, TKMK said:

Which one?

Why would you have to install linux.

Just cut the game onto a USB and then play it there 

It should work, unless the blocking system just annihilates how KSP boots.

You maybe could run Linux from a live  USB stick with no need to install anything to the Chromebook itself.  But you need to be able to boot from USB.  And get the right image on the stick too run on the Chromebook.  The advantage would be that goguardian likely wouldn't be involved at all (I don't know how that works, you'd be booting from the USB, not the internal drive that presumably has the go goguardian).    And when the USB is removed there would be no change to the Chromebook for anyone to complain about

Hold ctrl+L while the cmputer starts (from shutdown state, not from sleep state), and tell us what happens.

(if something actually happens, please don't mess up with the settings, if any, as it is potentially dangerous for your computer.)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.