What am I doing wrong?

I accept a contract to take 2 tourists to sub orbital. Load them on my crew list, Load them in a Mk1 Crew Cabin -Make sure they are on the rocket before I take off- take them to 40-50,000 meters. Land them safely but when I go to Mission control the contract is still there, and I get no credit for the contract, or any money.  Same with taking parts into space.  I fulfill all the contract conditions, all the green buttons are lit up - altitude,speed- but they go out as I descend to landing?   Example: Test a parachute between 4000 and 10000 m.  I deploy the parachute at 5000 m, the green light comes on, I descend below 4000m and the green light goes out on the contract. Mission control- contract is incomplete.

For the part testing, you actually need to test the part when all the check boxes are green.  So for parachutes, that means deploy, engines means activate, decouplers means decouple... etc.  Can usually be done just by activating it through staging with the space bar, but I've noticed that sometimes it gets picky and actually wants you to right click on it and push a "run test" button.

The "haul x part" contracts just require you to meet speed and alt parameters.

Edited by Geonovast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.