The most angry youve gotten in KSP

Fraston

I do some modding. And use my save games to test things (backups,  obviously).

Once I made a really huge and stupid mistake that prevented a lot of mods to load. Didn't realized until I loaded a savegame with a very important career, had everything ruined by disappearings or explosion and, after quiting KSP, I realized I forgot to backup the thing.

About two weeks of heavy playing vanished. :D

At least I have the screenshots. :)

The most angry I have gotten in KSP? Hmm... Probably when I tried to use the stock fairings when we first got them. They were (i had been using procedural fairings <still do as I find them superior imho> for aesthetic reasons for a year give or take at that point) unintuitive and frustratingly hard to figure out. Kept scaring the cat lol. Decided then just to use what I knew lol. 

Docking very large things in complicated situations.

One specific incident comes to mind, that's when I was taking a very long mothership (several Mk3 segments, part of Project Intrepid if you want to read, not to advertize or anything) to Gilly. I landed. Due to... reasons... the giant ship was now not rolling, but bouncing down a hill and I had to dock this mini transfer ship with it. The port was on the bottom of the mothership, and it was rotating around that axis, as well as bouncing up and down slowly. The min transfer ship had two docking ports, one on each side, left and right, with no RCS. IIRC I had accidentally blown up the reaction wheel. Oh, that was "fun."

I eventually got it, though.

EDIT: It was also night at the time.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

For me, let me see...

It's when warping a vessel that's on an interplanetery flight, come out of warp only to find it has no power as it's got fixed angle solar panels that are aligned close enough to 90 degrees to the sun, that the probe core runs the juice dry.

Ok... this only happens when I'm being a cheapskate and use 2 way symmetry to put the panels on, but still... anger.

I made a 500 part plane a few days ago. Worked quite well for the first launch. I reverted back to launch to test again, and I noticed a few parts were missing... So I reverted again and I saw the missing parts glued to the runway. I found this odd, so I reverted to SPH, and saw nothing wrong.

I launch again, and suddenly, my plane is in orbit! I eventually tried any other ship and they all started putting me in LKO at launch. After rebooting the game, the missing parts from the giant 500+ part plane start floating behind any vehicle I launched. I eventually opened up the massive plane and to my surprise, removing any part started crashing the game.

I even backported it to 1.4.5 and the same thing happened. I spent so much time on that stupid plane, and I eventually had to start a new save. Even after deleting that monster plane, those missing parts were constantly chasing my vehicles at launch or in orbit!I had no idea that was even possible on stock 1.5.1.

I still have no idea why this occured. I am wary to go past 300 parts on designs from now on.

I still have this plane backed up in case I want to try it again....

9 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Whenever someone says any of the following:

• Crafts

:blush: Guilty, but its an easy mistake to make for non-native English speakers. In the meantime I learned the proper spelling. Aplologies if I have upset you.

9 minutes ago, Dafni said:

:blush: Guilty, but its an easy mistake to make for non-native English speakers. In the meantime I learned the proper spelling. Aplologies if I have upset you.

Haha no if you must know, it is actually a header on the SimpleRockets2 website that spurned that one.

Edited by 5thHorseman

After spending hours and hours planning and building a self-sustained base in The Mun, I discovered that TAC-LS didn't worked correctly in the background, only with the vessel loaded. My base and everything regarding Life Support I planned in my install/save-game was useless. Had to revert to an very old save and started using USI-LS. And I play with only one save, that was a big problem.

59 minutes ago, Dafni said:

I discovered this right now :o Not a native speaker.

When I was playing on heavily modded save (contract packs, science improvements, parts, life support etc) and discovered that for some unknown reason my "take a crew to the station and let them stay there for x days" contract decided to reset itself and waste ingame 70 days of progress. And it did that again. And again. After third time I dropped that save and haven't touched the game for few months.

The two times @SQUAD added a new serious bug that affected my game:

1. I think it was 1.2 when suddenly anything in orbit would slowly descend about 1m every few seconds...I'd just gotten a large station up over Kerbin and I had to keep boosting it back up. 
  2. With 1.5 when suddenly the "landing gear fix" actually made it worse. I know that it's better for some craft, but I never had a problem in 1.3 and 1.4. It wasn't until 1.5 came out that my craft all started dancing around the surface. This really liquided me off.

Definitely the asteroid shape glitch that cause asteroids to randomly change shape every time you logged in. Before it struct I had almost 20 asteroid stations with about 45 Kerbals on them. Some of these were massive, with upwards of 10 modules. Well they all ended up encased in there asteroids and had to be destroyed when the glitch was finally fixed. Even worse I couldn't extract most of the Kerbals on the stations because the airlocks were all covered with rock and I could focus on crew modules to transfer them to rescue craft. So about 38 crew, some of my oldest and most experienced Kerbals at the time, died the death of deletion. And because of a glitch in my saved game, they never resurrected.

1 minute ago, SiriusRocketry said:

IIRC orbital decay isn't a feature in stock, however much I want it to be.

I don't need such a feature, my vesses already drop and burn on reentry by themselves :P

2 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

That's why I start every new session of KSP by doing an external backup ...

Back when I cared, I coded 10-iteration backups into the act of starting KSP. It got too much of a pain for each new save, and I was too lazy to generalize it for all saves. These days I just accept that if a save gets corrupted, it's time to End Of Life it and start a new save.

Once I was building a space station, and I had sent up a science module to dock, but no matter what i did, after hours, whenever the docking ports got close enough for the magnets to kick in, it would get flung off (it was 1.4.1, before that 1.4.3? fix). I nearly rage quit at that point, but then I activated mechjeb on the spacestation.

Guess what it did?

It swung the whole space station like some bat, hit the docking port and docked in an instant.

You can guess... But I was relieved after a while.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.