[WIP] Restock: KSP Part Art Revamp (Released March 06)

Nertea

18 hours ago, memphis_mg said:

ON = PN sry @Nertea

the engine effekts is a mod or stock?

It's this mod. I am also making new effects for everything.

17 hours ago, memphis_mg said:

yes,

but i think its under development so i must wait for the officially release right?

Yes, unless you're really serious about testing and finding bugs.

15 hours ago, minepagan said:

Yes, but legend has it if you sacrifice Jebediah with a blade of pure obsidian, under a Mun arch darkened by the shadow of Kerbin, all will be revealed to you by Porkjet himself.

<learns how to make parts in blender>

<creates obsidian knife>

<installs KIS>

<heads to the Mün with Jeb>

<follows instructions>

Nothing.  Maybe my blender-fu is still lacking.  I find people who use it are like wizards.

Peace.

47 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

<learns how to make parts in blender>

<creates obsidian knife>

<installs KIS>

<heads to the Mün with Jeb>

<follows instructions>

Nothing.  Maybe my blender-fu is still lacking.  I find people who use it are like wizards.

Peace.

In your save options, you did have Kerbals Respawn? set to Off, right?

Also, did you check your PMs? Sometimes it takes a while for folks to get back to you on weighty matters such as this!

The previews posted here look fabulous!  

I would encourage you to not skip the Making History parts, as they would be in need of the same kind of love youre giving to these stock parts.  To be sure, a stock collection should be done and completed first, but imaging playing the game with MH installed and making MH-parted rockets with half beautiful parts and half stock parts. 

On my side, I remain less convinced by this revamped Twin-Boar than by other revamped parts. My two issues would be the smooth engine bell and the overly-sized lateral exhauts.
But this thread became one of my new favorites, I'm regularly coming to see if there are new updates :wub:

13 minutes ago, klesh said:

The previews posted here look fabulous!  

I would encourage you to not skip the Making History parts, as they would be in need of the same kind of love youre giving to these stock parts.  To be sure, a stock collection should be done and completed first, but imaging playing the game with MH installed and making MH-parted rockets with half beautiful parts and half stock parts. 

That gets into perhaps gray territory, unless there was some way to definitely require the DLC and even then...

11 minutes ago, ndiver said:

On my side, I remain less convinced by this revamped Twin-Boar than by other revamped parts. My two issues would be the smooth engine bell and the overly-sized lateral exhauts.
But this thread became one of my new favorites, I'm regularly coming to see if there are new updates :wub:

It's much closer to the IRL Pyrios booster that the part was inspired by, as well as matching the Twin Boar in the Porkjet part revamp design sheet.

2410d.jpg

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's much closer to the IRL Pyrios booster that the part was inspired by, as well as matching the Twin Boar in the Porkjet part revamp design sheet.

2410d.jpg

Thanks for these 2 explanations, I did not realized that the Twin-Boar was inspired by the F-1B engine, and is thus even more realistic with this revamp :)

Edited by ndiver

On 12/24/2018 at 4:12 PM, Nertea said:

HTImSxI.png

Is that an emissive I spy on the neutralizer? I love these little details, glad you are taking the trouble it really makes the part.

Were the ion parts designed with any reference to NF? They match pretty well already, I'm just curious if other mods are informing restock at all.

1 hour ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Is that an emissive I spy on the neutralizer? I love these little details, glad you are taking the trouble it really makes the part.

Were the ion parts designed with any reference to NF? They match pretty well already, I'm just curious if other mods are informing restock at all.

Thanks!

In the sense that NF is designed to match stock already, it matches fairly well. The consistency of work in terms of design will work well together. The Restock parts are a cut above NFP parts in terms of quality though.

In the context of other mods, even if they're not actively participating, we have pretty much all the top artists in community weighing in on draft work and being actively involved in the design process. Besides the people in the OP, I could mention @CobaltWolf of BDB, @Daishi of US2, @Orbital_phoenix of IPI who have given great help and direction to the things we're working on. Tons more too.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, Nertea said:

Thanks!

In the sense that NF is designed to match stock already, it matches fairly well. The consistency of work in terms of design will work well together. The Restock parts are a cut above NFP parts in terms of quality though.

In the context of other mods, even if they're not actively participating, we have pretty much all the top artists in community weighing in on draft work and being actively involved in the design process. Besides the people in the OP, I could mention @CobaltWolf of BDB, @Daishi of US2, @Orbital_phoenix of IPI who have given great help and direction to the things we're working on. Tons more too.

Question about that topic, are you going to reuse the iconic solar panel textures? I think changing that would make the revamped panels collide with NF and, say, Tantares' ones. What's your plan on that. For example, the new batteries look amazing but collide with NF Electrical ones, as they still use very stock battery models and textures (like the hazard stripes on the side). Are you gonna update those to match Restock too? (Which would be amazing)

Also, are you gonna update the MK1 and MK2 inline docking ports? As far as I remember Ven revamped the El Generico MK1 inline port in his now-on-shoddy-life-support pack but treated the MK2 one like Porkjet's work was holy and untouchable and left its docking port hatch to rot in stock hell while the others got the treatment to great effect.

I can understand the move back in those days, but Porkjet and Ven's times are over, we're now on the eve of Nertea n' Friends era

Edited by Kradgger

4 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

WOW! @cineboxandrew I can hardly tell that that isn't Nertea's work! Its amazing!!!

Thats the whole idea! :D When you have clear design guide documentation to follow with skilled modellers and artists that also listen to feedback and critique from a involved group of peers you end up with a high quality, consistent end product that is a testament to the hard work, effort and skills of the artists involved. 

They look pretty good, but it's kinda a meh from me ya know - I really don't see much in them relays, so I don't see how this is an improvement.

Could you tell us your thoughts on how the original models were flawed and how these fixed those?

6 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

If you have 70+ parts, can you please release a beta version of this!?!

I want a release too like I seriously want that nuclear engine.

PLEASE PRERELEASE

THIS MATCHES 100% WITH THE NEW SQUAD REVAMP STYLE

p.s. i saw that oscar-b

p.p.s. onenozzled pooodle edit please

Edited by Gapone

4 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

They look pretty good, but it's kinda a meh from me ya know - I really don't see much in them relays, so I don't see how this is an improvement.

Could you tell us your thoughts on how the original models were flawed and how these fixed those?

Cineboxandrew can explain more about why they are functionally flawed (ie, would not work in RL), but I can comment on why the art needed an improvement. 

Actually, I don't need to comment, I can just post pictures. 

RA-15_Relay_Antenna.png372px-RA-100_Relay_Antenna.png

10 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

If you have 70+ parts, can you please release a beta version of this!?!

To be honest, no. We gain very little from releasing unfinished content, unlike Squad we do this out of our spare time and don't need to rush release dates. It'll be made public when it's complete enough to be enjoyable. I would prefer to keep things limited to people who will actually reliably test and report bugs in the clear and concise nature we need to move the project forward.  

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I'm so looking forward to see what you do with the skipper and mainsail.

You people keep being amazing. 

Peace.

Well, considering the Boar and Nerv are based on Porkjet's concept art, and since Nert more or less confirmed his 1.25m engine models were already in the mod, I'm guessing...

*cough*

Spoiler

iINdJyL.jpg

*cough*

Edited by Kradgger

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I'm so looking forward to see what you do with the skipper and mainsail.

1 hour ago, Kradgger said:

*cough*

Reveal hidden contents

iINdJyL.jpg

*cough*

yeah... based on the Twin Boar preview posted on previous page, I wouldnt be surprised if rest of the engines are even *better* looking than those on the PJ design sheet...
Restock is to PJ, as PJ is to stock ... *miles above* ...  :P

Edited by Stone Blue