[WIP] Restock: KSP Part Art Revamp (Released March 06)

Nertea

On 1/28/2019 at 7:57 PM, Nertea said:

Thanks! There is currently some discussion in the thread about RealPlume stuff but we will not be shippping any configurations with this mod. 

The stock configurations are actually great. Will they be compatible with the Restock models though?

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

I'm squinting at it, and the way the base looks and the way I remember the stock antenna looking gives me the impression that it's the other way around. Of course, that's all based on "the way it looks to me", so who knows. ;)

I’m seeing what you see. 

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I'm squinting at it, and the way the base looks and the way I remember the stock antenna looking gives me the impression that it's the other way around. Of course, that's all based on "the way it looks to me", so who knows. ;)

if it helps, the default/stock animation in pood's gif is the one in the back right

I really don't care about the antenna. Its a excrementsty antenna for what it is,so bleh.

But the Spectro-Variometer is definetely and improvement! I love all nice little details you've given, although, where's the design sheet? :P I like to see the creator's thoughts on the design and how it should function and what other features are within.

12 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

The Spectro-Variometer I decided was likely intended to be a gas chromatograph, a real world instrument for analyzing the makeup of materials.

Man, I wish GC's were actually that cool looking. If you ever saw one, you'd likely pause before taping it to the side of your plane. 

Or, not, cause KSP :p 

20 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Don't worry, we tested these things - they don't clip :D

18 hours ago, MuchozolF said:

The stock configurations are actually great. Will they be compatible with the Restock models though?

We'll agree to disagree on how base RP looks, but @Psycho_zs seems like he's doing the legwork to make sure they work with any model changes. 

11 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

I really don't care about the antenna. Its a excrementsty antenna for what it is,so bleh.

But the Spectro-Variometer is definetely and improvement! I love all nice little details you've given, although, where's the design sheet? :P I like to see the creator's thoughts on the design and how it should function and what other features are within.

Well you might use it now that it doesn't pain the eyes!

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

<snip> 

Well you might use it now that it doesn't pain the eyes!

I always set up relay systems around bodies and then use the small antennas such as these on the manned craft.  It makes it cheaper, smaller, and easier to build.  I for one am quite thrilled for the new look these antennas are getting. :D

Hey, folks -

Just a brief message from your moderating team. We've had to edit a couple of comments which contained comments which were not exactly friendly or on the topic of this thread. Please keep the comments friendly and on topic.

This is probably the most detailed engine with have in Restock. Based off the Porkjet design sheet's LE-7A, it was modeled by @riocrokite and textured by myself. It is pretty cool and completes our lineup of 2.5m engines. The usual compact, regular and boattail variants are present, with all the hallmarks of our team - high quality animated gimbals, artful emissive textures and engine-specific custom particle effects. 

5DJpX6O.png

j5MzIA7.png

MLrzFLP.png

F7UlZSJ.png

La410qu.png

AG7xL24.png

15 hours ago, blowfish said:

It's from Porkjet's overhaul pack mostly

You Have a actual copy of PJ's Overhaul pack with the heating emissive working !!!! Will those be Included with the revamp ? Or where could such a mythical beast be found?  All these parts look amazing I am so looking forward to seeing this pack released when it's finished. A big "Thank You" in advance to Everyone Involved.

10 hours ago, Delbrutis said:

You Have a actual copy of PJ's Overhaul pack with the heating emissive working !!!! Will those be Included with the revamp ? Or where could such a mythical beast be found?  All these parts look amazing I am so looking forward to seeing this pack released when it's finished. A big "Thank You" in advance to Everyone Involved.

From previous posts by the authors of Restock, it sounds like the Porkjet PartOverhauls engines are to be included in Restock/Restock+, with additional visual improvements.

7 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

From previous posts by the authors of Restock, it sounds like the Porkjet PartOverhauls engines are to be included in Restock/Restock+, with additional visual improvements.

That's what I was hoping for. Maybe if were lucky we will get the Porkjet atomic engines as well. Thank's  

20 hours ago, Delbrutis said:

My recollection is that they came with emissives but they weren’t used