[WIP] Restock: KSP Part Art Revamp (Released March 06)

Nertea

23 minutes ago, sibaar said:

Could you add forward and reverse rcs thrusters to the 2.5m capsule? It's incomplete even in the stock game.

ReStock is intended to replace Stock visuals, not change functionality. 

EDIT: FYI, the Apollo Command Module didn't have have translation control  - "These 12 reaction control jets allow the command module to be rotated in pitch, roll, and yaw, but they do not allow for any translational movement."

From: http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Command_Module_Reaction_Control_System

Edited by Tyko

6 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Restock+ does add thrust vectoring to the stock SRBs though, doesn't it? 

Not that I'm pushing for the translation controls, who even needs such silly things? :sticktongue:

26 minutes ago, MuchozolF said:

Restock+ does add thrust vectoring to the stock SRBs though, doesn't it? 

Not that I'm pushing for the translation controls, who even needs such silly things? :sticktongue:

Yea, RS+ is where a modification to stock behavior would occur. The focus of this mod isn't to fix or change functionality on a bunch of parts though, so each change is going to be deliberated on.

Note that the Mk1-3 pod model would have to be redesigned to have correctly placed RCS translation motors but they would only be enabled in RS+. So people who only want stock behavior would have all these non-functional RCS ports...that's kind of a mess.

I think most would rather the team spend time bringing more parts up to the ReStock quality standard   :)  

Edited by Tyko

5 hours ago, Tyko said:

EDIT: FYI, the Apollo Command Module didn't have have translation control  - "These 12 reaction control jets allow the command module to be rotated in pitch, roll, and yaw, but they do not allow for any translational movement."

From: http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Command_Module_Reaction_Control_System

I understand.

Interrnal RCS mod still works fine for this.

I have to admit I have not been around on the forums much in the last few years, but I had to come back here and just thank everyone involved in this amazing project.

I downloaded this and a few mods just to pretty up the joint which is a big departure from my usual pure stock comfort zone.

Looking forward to any future updates and I did kick some Canadian dollars at the team's paypall account last night, just as a token of my deep respect and appreciation.

17 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

@Nertea and co. have said they will not do IVAs, but hey, maybe if you donate some green to Nertea, he might change his mind ;) 

It would have to be at full engineering consulting rates, so literally thousands of dollars per IVA (NFS quality takes, oh, 50 hours all in to build)

33 minutes ago, Actually_New_KSP_Player said:

Just got here from a youtube showcase and wonder where's the download link? Even checked the main post with ctrl+f for "download" word in case I'm blind but none were found. Same for curse, github etc, even the google doesn't have any links for download.

You need the release thread:

16 hours ago, sibaar said:

Hey just tried restock. Are the engine flameout animations supposed to go sideways? They're 90 degrees to the side. Bug or designed?

Can you please give specific examples so we can verify? which engines? Are you just running ReStock or do you have RealPlume installed? 

10 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Can you please give specific examples so we can verify? which engines? Are you just running ReStock or do you have RealPlume installed? 

Sorry forgot to mention the engines. It occurs on the reliant, the swivel, and the medium srbs. Tried it with and without realplume. The bug only occurs during flame out. Normal burn animation is perfectly fine.

6 minutes ago, sibaar said:

Sorry forgot to mention the engines. It occurs on the reliant, the swivel, and the medium srbs. Tried it with and without realplume. The bug only occurs during flame out. Normal burn animation is perfectly fine.

Thanks...I'll take a look :) 

Hey, the mod is awesome! I've even started the new Career to check all parts out. I've found a little detail to tweak, however. SRBs in Restock+ have thrust vectoring which greatly changes gameplay at the start (for example, I use them to steer the Reliant-powered rockets by equalizing their burn times). So, I guess they are a bit overpowered now, maybe they should be more expensive? They used to be dirt-cheap because they were basically fireworks. Now they are more technological and thus expensive. Or maybe they should be moved further down the tech tree? I know, I can change it for myself, I just think it makes sense for other players too.

This mod, as well as Plus, are great! They work well with other mods, like Planetary Base Systems, and the various Near Future mods. However, I think I've spotted a few bugs with the combination of the latest Restock/Restock Plus.
1.Certain antennae such as the DTS-M1, the Communotron 18, and the Communotron 88 all seem to extend in the VAB, without any of my input. Upon inspection, it appears that the model itself is set to the "extended" version, while the hitbox isn't. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but it's very annoying.
2. The AE-FF2 appears to be having an identity crisis.
I haven't noticed any other weirdness happening with any other parts, but here's the imgur album of the strange stuff and modlist:Imgur album.

I know this stuff is still being developed, but I couldn't help but to report it.

(I didn't know where to put this, but I thought here would be a good spot.)

26 minutes ago, JammedDiskDrive said:

This mod, as well as Plus, are great! They work well with other mods, like Planetary Base Systems, and the various Near Future mods. However, I think I've spotted a few bugs with the combination of the latest Restock/Restock Plus.
1.Certain antennae such as the DTS-M1, the Communotron 18, and the Communotron 88 all seem to extend in the VAB, without any of my input. Upon inspection, it appears that the model itself is set to the "extended" version, while the hitbox isn't. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but it's very annoying.
2. The AE-FF2 appears to be having an identity crisis.
I haven't noticed any other weirdness happening with any other parts, but here's the imgur album of the strange stuff and modlist:Imgur album.

I know this stuff is still being developed, but I couldn't help but to report it.

(I didn't know where to put this, but I thought here would be a good spot.)

Thanks!

I just checked these and I couldn't reproduce any of them in my basic installation. Can you provide a startup logfile?

8 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Thanks!

I just checked these and I couldn't reproduce any of them in my basic installation. Can you provide a startup logfile?

Will do, as soon as I find out how to get to them. Which, also, I hope you don't mind me being nooby, where might one find it?

Edited by JammedDiskDrive

2 hours ago, JammedDiskDrive said:

Will do, as soon as I find out how to get to them. Which, also, I hope you don't mind me being nooby, where might one find it?

Check this thread