[WIP] Restock: KSP Part Art Revamp (Released March 06)

Nertea

23 hours ago, Vahnskir said:

I'll pay you in hypothetical money-bills.

Guess I'll make some hypothetical parts then!

23 hours ago, Vahnskir said:

Also bit of a request could you throw in some swap-able alternative textures to the more traditionally colorful parts to just be grey, black, and white? Like the Probodobodyne HECS2 and the R-12 tank to name two examples. I like my ships to maintain a a uniform color palette throughout the design as a general rule but hey that's just me

No seriously though, scope creep is a huge problem for this mod and unless it's a ridiculously ultra awesome idea, I am not going to add work to the ~100 part plate. 

7 hours ago, Tyko said:

Or you can contribute cold, hard cash to @Nertea in appreciation for your existential beauty experience  :) 

- If you appreciate this project, please consider contributing to my caffeine addiction! I really appreciate it, and also helps justify this time sink to my wife , which results directly in more models.  btn_donate_SM.gif

Seriously, Nertea's made like 3 full DLC's worth for us. 

Careful gents. Enthusiasm for good looking stuff is to be expected, and considering how good the teasers are looking even more so, but let's not burn out the people volunteering their unpaid time and resources at the very start of the effort. Considering how much work they are taking on, lets give them some breathing room. It'll be released when it's ready.

17 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

Any tentative pre-release dates?

God no. 

38 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I know you have said that you don't want to add to the workload @Nertea , but it would be amazing if the revamped heat-shields could have toggleable hatches (that don't open, just for looks and making inverted Soyuz designs, for example. :) 

That would be quite a large departure from how the original parts work and as such would need to be carefully considered. 

On 12/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, Nertea said:

Guess I'll make some hypothetical parts then!

I'm more then glad to accept that. Pleasure doing business with you, and I'll astral project all 400 money-bills into your brain tomorrow. The delivery address for the parts is 6969 East Cerebral Avenue. Just knock on the door when you get here.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, Tyko said:

Or you can contribute cold, hard cash to @Nertea in appreciation for your existential beauty experience  :) 

- If you appreciate this project, please consider contributing to my caffeine addiction! I really appreciate it, and also helps justify this time sink to my wife , which results directly in more models.  btn_donate_SM.gif

Well I can't just give him the money I'm probably in like a different country then him or something. Until I get the Rocket Assisted Koin Katapult working I don't think I'll be sen- oh wait this in the internet. I can do this through the power of the ones and zeros.

I shall donate physical money-bills, they're probably worth more then hypothetical money-bills but my bank hasn't bothered telling me what the exchange rates.

13 hours ago, Vahnskir said:

Well I can't just give him the money I'm probably in like a different country then him or something. Until I get the Rocket Assisted Koin Katapult working I don't think I'll be sen- oh wait this in the internet. I can do this through the power of the ones and zeros.

I shall donate physical money-bills, they're probably worth more then hypothetical money-bills but my bank hasn't bothered telling me what the exchange rates.

PayPal is your friend.

40 minutes ago, cineboxandrew said:

Here's an update showing off the four small science instruments: the thermometer, barometer, seismometer, and gravimeter....

Hype! :D

Edited by Daishi

Hmm... I see that the Oscar-B Fuel tanks , the Ant engine, AND the RTG also have received an update...

Good job to see so much progress! You should probably be more careful about showing this much stuff at once, or else we won't be hyped lol.

But the science intstruments look great! Hopefully they can fit right.

4 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

@cineboxandrew awesome! Really liked the science experiments and the RTG. As a small suggestion, how about making the thermometer the same size of the others, since they all have the same mass?

The thermometer is significantly smaller than the others, and since we're not changing colliders at all I decided it should be smaller. 

Also I should probably note that I didn't make the RTGs, Ant, or the fuel tank

8 hours ago, Nertea said:

They should blend even better with our redone cores ;) 

I was going to ask something about this. What's your stance on replacing the more recently (1.4, xpack, 1.5, even the new 1.6 goodies) updated parts? I mean the new probe cores are looking pretty good, do you really think they need a serious rework?

Anyways, great job you're doing, but dammit you got me hyped :0.0:

Edit: Now that I've played a little with the mod and seeing some of Porkjet's engines in the mix, are there any plans on including the extra 1m engines he modeled for, say, Restock+? 

Edited by Kradgger

22 hours ago, Kradgger said:

I was going to ask something about this. What's your stance on replacing the more recently (1.4, xpack, 1.5, even the new 1.6 goodies) updated parts? I mean the new probe cores are looking pretty good, do you really think they need a serious rework?

Well I'm not doing anything related to MH so there's that, but I think my opinion of the redo parts is summed up in the OP - namely that they are lacking. 

22 hours ago, Kradgger said:

Edit: Now that I've played a little with the mod and seeing some of Porkjet's engines in the mix, are there any plans on including the extra 1m engines he modeled for, say, Restock+? 

Hope so! I have to clean them up a bit so it's not a drop-in.