Any new info on the console versions?

I am new to the forums and have no clue on how to find any new info for the console version, I love the game and would hate to see it just abandoned. Also is there any new info on mods because the pc version seems to be their top priority, the console is great but just seems to be falling into the pit of no return. 

I'd just hate to see a fantastic game go to waste just because others players are having issues/ loss of interest.

• 1 month later...

I agree. The game is great! But PC is much better because of the accessibility of mods. On consoles, not so much... Games like Fallout 4 are really great, because you can always, no matter the device, download a mod to shake it up or fix bugs. With the console version of KSP, you have to wait for the developers to fix it, or update it. And that isnt happening alot...  It would be nice if Squad could strike a deal with Microsoft to enable mods, but until then, people who dont have the money for expensive computers to handle games like KSP are left with the same game, while the PC version is constantly being changed. Sorry, but I doubt think it will happen anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 5:29 AM, Wassup9882 said:

I agree. The game is great! But PC is much better because of the accessibility of mods. On consoles, not so much... Games like Fallout 4 are really great, because you can always, no matter the device, download a mod to shake it up or fix bugs. With the console version of KSP, you have to wait for the developers to fix it, or update it. And that isnt happening alot...  It would be nice if Squad could strike a deal with Microsoft to enable mods, but until then, people who dont have the money for expensive computers to handle games like KSP are left with the same game, while the PC version is constantly being changed. Sorry, but I doubt think it will happen anytime soon.

I totally agree with all your point, as I said previously, playing games on PC is easy as it supports high ends graphics video game.

Kerbal Space Program for consoles is not abandoned. See this: http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/182477158146/a-ksp-loading-preview-parachutes-in-ksp 

KSP Enhanced Edition is getting a substantial update fairly soon, and with it, console players will be able to deploy fully steerable personal parachutes, along with a number of other things that we will be revealing along the way. Stay tuned!

and this: http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/181053296564/ksp-loading-a-closer-look-into-update-16 

As we disclosed in the last edition of KSP Loading…, we are currently working on a substantial update for KSP on consoles and it will include various items that the PC version currently has. It is important to note that there always will be differences between the PC and console versions. For instance, if we were to bring Update 1.5 to consoles, we would have to do an entirely new port, something that would take a massive amount of time and resources to achieve and would retract from the overall progress of the game. Instead, we are working on a console-optimized update that will take bits and pieces of all updates we have released after 1.2.1; some of the ones that people like the most. Just to name a couple examples, this next update will include several revamped parts, the variant switcher, and a number of other things that we will be revealing along the way.

We know that console players also want to enjoy new content and we are aiming to provide our players with a content-filled package that not only will solve known issues, but give console players more reasons to continue playing KSP from the comfort of their couches.

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, RubyPetersen said:

I totally agree with all your point, as I said previously, playing games on PC is easy as it supports high ends graphics video game.

Yes, but I think every system has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Many people like PC and many like a gaming console.

Its completely depends upon individual experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.