How do kerbals reproduce?

Mudkip909

2 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Kerbals can remove the helmets on Kerbin, I assume they wear the spacesuit as its free company wear.
Note that they also wear parachutes stationed on an mun base once qualified for them. 

Lack of any other structures on Kerbin is more of an issue. Summoned is more troublesome as summons tend to be temporary in games like Skyrim. I don't want my 4 million credit kerbals in Eeloo orbit to time out. 

Welp, they do have the ability to take their helmets off, but that has to be done manually because they have to hold their breath and their eyeballs in place, or something. Maybe, maybe they can breathe on Kerbin, but what that proves? Only that they breathe, nothing more.

They obviously don't time out, though. Neither will they die, they are simply molecularly rearranged into themselves time and again. Which, for me, means that they are, if not summoned, 3d printed on Kerbin. But I insist their 3d sketch files are downloaded from somewhere else.

Kerbals don't reproduce.  KSP is a simulation, and it's what we would have seen on the silver screen if Neo had taken the green pill.  Yes, there is something behind the curtain, but it's all maintained by computers:

There are fields, Jeb, endless fields where Kerbals are no longer born ... we are grown.

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

Kerbals don't reproduce.  KSP is a simulation, and it's what we would have seen on the silver screen if Neo had taken the green pill.  Yes, there is something behind the curtain, but it's all maintained by computers:

There are fields, Jeb, endless fields where Kerbals are no longer born ... we are grown.

You have inspired me with your idea

Spoiler

GDohjtG.png

kQin3hR.png

QYNFqDE.png

4 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

I wonder if you are into something her. 

12 hours ago, magnemoe said:

they wear the spacesuit as its free company wear.

An office dress-code: a spacesuit, a helmet, a parachute. 
They should add the badges with names.
And a corporative team building.

9 hours ago, TheKorbinjer said:
10 hours ago, Orbiter Space Program said:

Kerbals split.

Like mitosis?

Like logs. In every crash.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfkRpnY_sFGYHDeiSOaL0

9 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

One more person tries to tell us that Kerbals are not real.

Edited by kerbiloid

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

One more person tries to tell us that Kerbals are not real.

Not at all.  I merely said that your interactions with them are driven by a computer simulation.  Consider the feelings of loss and frustration when your Jool-5 mission crashes at the pad because of bad staging, or when you lose a pod on reentry:

Jeb:  (Pained) I thought it wasn't real.

The mind makes it real.

Jeb:  If you crash in KSP, you crash here?

Always keep your output.log.

4 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

Not at all.  I merely said that your interactions with them are driven by a computer simulation. 

Wait... I'm confused...
So:
1) Kerbals are not unreal
2) Kerbals are a computer simulation.
3) We can interact with them.

We are a computer simulation, too?!

New Kerbals come from RoverDude's 3.5m MKS Tundra Colonization Module of course.  ( https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Parts-(Tundra-Series)#mks-tundra-colonization-module )

While they can also be spontaneously generated by cosmic rays hitting derelict pods, the 3.5m TCM is the only known controlled environment able to reliably produce them.

How... violent impacts with planetary bodies that's how.

The force of the impact blends the mushy, gooey genetic material that prior to the impact was the occupants of vehicle. This blended material is vacuumed out by the recovery team, and placed into plant pots out the back of the Astronaut Complex, where they eventually grow into full size, and space besuited kerbals. They are then given a shove in the direction of the rear door of the Astronaut Complex (they're a little dopey at this stage), given a 15 minute orientation lecture and have a copy of "Space for Dummies" jammed into their eager little gloved hands.

After that they are placed on the roster and shoot some pool while waiting to be assigned.

Edited by purpleivan

On 12/4/2018 at 2:24 PM, kerbiloid said:

Wait... I'm confused...
So:
1) Kerbals are not unreal
2) Kerbals are a computer simulation.
3) We can interact with them.

We are a computer simulation, too?!

Finally you get it. Wake UP!!! That car crash nearly killed you, but you can't just give up on REAL life. WAKE UP!!!

On 12/4/2018 at 8:24 PM, purpleivan said:

How... violent impacts with planetary bodies that's how.

The force of the impact blends the mushy, gooey genetic material that prior to the impact was the occupants of vehicle. This blended material is vacuumed out by the recovery team, and placed into plant pots out the back of the Astronaut Complex, where they eventually grow into full size, and space besuited kerbals. They are then given a shove in the direction of the rear door of the Astronaut Complex (they're a little dopey at this stage), given a 15 minute orientation lecture and have a copy of "Space for Dummies" jammed into their eager little gloved hands.

After that they are placed on the roster and shoot some pool while waiting to be assigned.

That´s a REAL good use for scientific knowledge. Thank you!:D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.