Orion and Deep-space Gateway Parts Pack

Hi everyone,

I know Squad, while working on 1.6, must also be working on the next expansion of some sort that they can sell. There are a ton of things I want in KSP stock, but one of them would be a sort of "soon in the future" space parts pack that includes parts that emulate NASA's current plan to take humans back to the Moon and eventually on to Mars: Orion and the Deep-space Gateway. I think we have parts already analogous to the SLS, but I am not 100% positive. There are also concept crew landers that NASA is considering that could be included as well.

Anyways, I'd love to see this in game in this "soon in the future" parts pack. There are a million other things I want in KSP as well, but I figured I'd suggest this one for now!

See below for Lockheed Martin's concept image of all the new spacecraft required for us to begin a sustainable presence around the moon:

LunarEconomy.jpg.png.pc-adaptive.1920.me

P.S.

I know there are likely mods that add this into the game and I am probably not interested. I like the (new) stock art style and general polish that stock parts have.

Edited by Jalaris
Added stuff

If you're waiting on stock you probably have a long wait. if you're looking for "stock art style and general polish" the Near Future mods are actually more consistently true to the best quality (porkjet) stock parts than much of what Squad has released. Before you knock it you should really take a look at it.

If you don't want to, totally cool, but you're missing out on a lot of really high quality parts.

Building Orion capsules from stock parts isn't hard. You will need to use the offset tool a decent amount, but if you spend some time, you can get some pretty accurate replicas.

Alternatively, KerbalX by @katateochi at https://kerbalx.com/ has some really good replicas. Select the stock option, and look up "Orion" or "Deep Space Gateway", and I'm prettu sure you'll find some good ones.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.