Lockheed Martin - Ahead of the Curve

Jalaris

Hi everyone,

This link shows how Lockheed Martin is "Ahead of Curve" and the company's vision for how it wants to meet NASA's goal of, at first, setting up a sustainable presence around the Moon.

It's got some cool information about Lockheed's plan and some very cool marketing/promotional material. Figured I'd share it here for anyone who is interested!

Lockheed Martin - Ahead of the Curve

Edited by Jalaris

NASA’s lunar Gateway can be a cornerstone to the development of a new commercial lunar economy.

Should have stopped reading after this point. They descend into Shuttle-style retroactive apologia.

Where are the money?

Is there any infrastructure or hardware being built and\or tested?

Until one or both of these aren't reality, do not expect much enthusiasm.

Sorry, but that's the way cookie crumbles with long-time space geeks. We've seen way too many pretty presentations that remained on paper.

20 minutes ago, Scotius said:

are the money

Found the undercover Russian :sticktongue:

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

Who else is going to pay for services in Lunar orbit?

Putting the horse before the non-existent cart. Of all the possible consumers, the Gateway is the least likely. Its propellant needs are miniscule and are based around argon, while the proposed lander is really far-fetched, and there’s still risk it would be a fully hypergolic expendable affair instead.

Edited by DDE

6 hours ago, DDE said:

Found the undercover Russian :sticktongue:

Putting the horse before the non-existent cart. Of all the possible consumers, the Gateway is the least likely. Its propellant needs are miniscule and are based around argon, while the proposed lander is really far-fetched, and there’s still risk it would be a fully hypergolic expendable affair instead.

I didn‘t mean the Gateway itself, but the eventual landers and their fuel, the small robotic landers and general consumables. The gateway is the Coral reef that the international and commercial fish will flock around.

Edited by Canopus

6 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

The city of Renton, WA was somewhat notorious for the traffic jams that would occur at the "Renton S-curves" on interstate 405. So what did they select as their city marketing slogan?

press_release_distribution_0389797_80639

(The state "fixed" the S-curves, but traffic there still sucks.)

Yeah... I suspect that the traffic there is simply a fact of nature, like water flowing downhill or the sun being bright. It'll never change. ;)

Also, the mess that is the 405-167 interchange... Yeah, that  is an absolute disaster, even after the new flying on/off ramps are done. They have GOT to fix the short merge  on northbound 167... But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Back on topic, though... I'm with the gang that's of the "That's pretty, but when exactly are you going to build this?" opinion. Great on paper, but sadly lacking in the hardware department.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.