KerbalSpaceProgram Forum markup language?

This forum Wiki: I would like to know what the underlying accessible markup language is?

To give a clarifying example, KerbalX uses Markdown.  Great.

What about this forum: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com?  Is the toolbar above (in the Edit window) the only set of markup tools available?  Is there any escape through to basic HTML [doubtful]?

[I've www.searched "invision community" but turned up nothing useful...]

Edited by Hotel26

2 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

I would like to know what the underlying accessible markup language is?

None. They chose this forum software explicitely because they thought it would be more accessible for new users if people would be confined to a simple set of intransparent WYSIWYG tools.

IPS abandoned markup code for users and chose explicitly for WYSIWYG only. So that's what we get.

There's still some legacy crap in there that parses some codes.. or it may not, since they don't care to keep it updated, and any update may break it or drop it altogether.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/417407-ips-40-the-current-state-of-bbcode-and-its-future-is-bbcode-officially-abandoned/?page=4

Helpful, thank you!  And thinking this information through, I believe there may be a way to get what I want using the Table feature that *is* exposed in the editor window.

As background, it was actually Geonovast who pointed out to me some time back that using tables in this forum does sabotage the phone user experience.  I had been using tables in a very widely-read topic and so it mattered, particularly because Geonovast pointed out a better solution in that case.

In the case now that is under my consideration, the topic is my own and not destined to be widely read so, with apologies to the phone readers, some compromise will have to be accepted.

In general, the middle ground of textual WYSIWYG, like Markdown is pretty desirable and comes without the risk of compromising the underlying HTML integrity of a Wiki.

Anyway, if I can achieve what I have in mind, I'll report back here with a link to elsewhere in this forum.  Thanks, all.

Edited by Hotel26

Just now, Hotel26 said:

Which is exactly what I am going to do now, this time.

One cannot please all the people, all of the time, it seems.

I think it's safe to say that most people on this forum have a computer, so I wouldn't worry about focusing on format for mobile users.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:08 PM, Hotel26 said:

I'll report back here with a link to elsewhere in this forum.

Well, it didn't go so well.  Not in Firefox, anyway.  That's life in the web lane, I suppose.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/180231-the-truman-kerman-craftyard/

The last post in the topic has gotten itself way out of sync with the underlying Wiki layout.  The drift is starting in the post before...

I'm still able to edit that last post (despite the Edit link being nowhere to be seen), but I'm just not sure what to "fix".

Fooey.

UPDATE: I jiggled it a bit.  :)  Looks good enough now.

Edited by Hotel26

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.