Constructing Remote Space Center(s)

miamijuggler

Hi All, 

I've been kicking around the idea of building a Laythe colony, and while I have a surface base, seaplane, and refueling rover currently en route, I was wondering if there was a mod to allow the construction of a remote space center for the construction and launching of new vehicles.

This thread mentioned the mod "Alien Space Programs," but I notice the thread is now 2 years old. Is this still the most current/appropriate mod for something like this? Can you specify the latitude/longitude of the constructed space center? Is there any cost/build time associated with this, or does it just pop into existence?

In case it matters, I'm currently running a legacy version of KSP (1.2.2 x64, Windows), with Interstellar-Extended Mod.

Thanks for your feedback. 

--miamijuggler

Hey, @miamijuggler !
Maybe we´re in a very alike situation...

I´ve been using Hyperedit for building bases on Kerbin and role-playing´em into other planets/moons, where I "created" new KSCs.
You take your creations to the launchpads, runways or wherever you want, then click to transfer-and-land them, gently, in any "geo"graphic coordinates or even flags/vessels you have already set.

:::::::::

In my relatively newbie opinion, it´s a lot less "realistic" than Extraplanetary Launchpads, as you don´t need to actually gather the materials on alien places but, if you´re playing a career mode, you still have the costs to build AND, let´s say, launch it into Kerbin´s orbit, and just then to cheat it anywhere beyond. :cool:

Edited by Cataclism

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.