A KSP Loading... Preview: Helmet Removal

SQUAD

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@DMagic I think the previous comment is merely pointing out the presence of a mod (much less, one of yours) in Squad's little animation. ;)

Oh wait. Is that yours? The icon looks different.

I wasn’t 100% sure that it wasn’t a mod. In fact, I was certain that it was a mod.

Well then. 

How’s that for a Christmas present?

5 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Also: what’s up with those Hammer SRBs? They look... like a cross between old style and new style.

As far as I can see, those are old-style Hammers with what appears to be revamped nosecones on them.

I wonder if all of these little hints are intended or not?

8 minutes ago, Mrsupersonic8 said:

RED ALERT! MAN THE HYPE TRAIN, BOILER PRESSURE TO MAXIMUM!

FULL STEAM (and Humble Bundle, and GOG.com) AHEAD!

This is one of the times everyone salutes removing something from KSP ;)

Someday... animation for taking off helmet? They have no place to stow it, perhaps they just drop the helmet, and it becomes un-recoverable debris, like payload fairing fragments. They would have to board any crew-able compartment, to get another helmet.

I think we need to have a chance to save kerbals before they perish without oxygen. Before killing them off the game needs to display a warning "Jebediah Kerman has trouble breathing!" and give a player 5-10 seconds to take/not take an action.

54 minutes ago, Rover6428 said:

@UomoCapra Is Laythe breathable?

Is there air?!?!?! You don't know!!!

Spoiler

Sorry, but there's no way I of all people could resist the opportunity to post that.

Edited by HvP

56 minutes ago, HvP said:

Is there air?!?!?! You don't know!!!

Hide contents

Sorry, but there's no way I of all people could resist the opportunity to post that.

We simply have to have a science message pop up when you try to remove a helmet on any body other than Kerbin with two choices:

"Don't take that off! It's an alien planet! Is there air?? You don't know!" 

[SEEMS OK]   [BETTER NOT] 

Live or die, there should be a science reward. 

32 minutes ago, Deddly said:

We simply have to have a science message pop up when you try to remove a helmet on any body other than Kerbin with two choices:

"Don't take that off! It's an alien planet! Is there air?? You don't know!" 

[SEEMS OK]   [BETTER NOT] 

Live or die, there should be a science reward. 

"You take your helmet off... After a few long seconds of gasping and haphazardly flailing about you manage to secure your helmet again. You erase the checkbox on your report for breathable atmosphere."

4 hours ago, space_powder said:

How about letting us remove the parachutes attached to the EVA pack?

This.  It never looked good.  Why they didn't decide to have EVA packs and parachutes as selectable, separate backpacks is beyond me.

3 hours ago, DMagic said:

RpTTtad.png

They are hard to read, but are dV numbers for each stage. Though, I feel like I've seen that idea somewhere...

Squad.  Stop getting my hopes up about this update. 

4 hours ago, DMagic said:

@JadeOfMaar Definitely not a mod. Inserting the bars into the stage readout like they are in the video is a little more complicated than how I'm doing it. And no one else has a dV display mod like that.

And the placement of the icon on the side bar totally rules out a mod - icons for mods have a black-and-yellow striped separator bar between them and the stock options, and this is firmly between the resource readouts and the KSPedia button.

5 hours ago, sh1pman said:

4RYJQ99.jpg

Edit: Also, I just realized that this  ^  Is an old style decoupler. Why would that be?

Edited by Paaaad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.