Missing part AE-FF1 Airstream Protective Shell

Basically the cowling. Only aware of this because the missing part for the corresponding mission to test parts, screenshot. I looked up the part on the wiki and it is listed as being under the Advanced Construction. Which I have researched. Also checked the integrity of all files from Steam properties menus. Uninstalled all mods, note no content mods were ever installed. (Only had KER and Alarm, and a calculator which never worked.) Rechecked file integrity still no dice. Not knowing what parts are suppose to be there make you ignorant to your needing them. But I am sure when trying to protect and make things more aerodynamic I would have discovered this missing important part eventually. 

47576469_10215160148331699_4051250841372

Somebody smarter than I will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the game would assign you a contract for a part that doesn't exist.    Check the parts folder and see if it's there.  Then check your output_log (eh eh @Kerbal101?) and see if that part is throwing any errors while trying to load.    If you can't find it, post the log as indicated in that sticky I linked, and we'll take a look. 

But also, double, triple check, the VAB/SPH for the part.  Even if you haven't researched a part yet, a test contract should enable that part until the contract has been completed. 

Edited by Gargamel

I couldn't find  a Player.log. Just the KSP.log in the main folder. This may be a Steam installation error where the part was missed. There is no mention of the AE-FF1 part in the log file and it lists all the parts loadings. Only errors are from ships that contain chips from the KER mod. (This game is so broken without readouts. It becomes aim and hope for the best not rocket science.)

Edited by Feiwuzei
Rocket science accuracy.

11 hours ago, Feiwuzei said:

I couldn't find  a Player.log. Just the KSP.log in the main folder. This may be a Steam installation error where the part was missed. There is no mention of the AE-FF1 part in the log file and it lists all the parts loadings. Only errors are from ships that contain chips from the KER mod. (This game is so broken without readouts. It becomes aim and hope for the best not rocket science.)

You dont have to look for 'AE-FF1' in the log but for fairingSize1 (because the part is the 1,25m fairing and that's the part name in the config). Small chance anyway that you just overlooked the part in the editor, it should be located in the Payload category:

0zH8Zs8.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.