SQUAD

KSP Loading... Preview: The Δv per Stage Display

Check out this long requested feature included in the upcoming update Kerbal Space Program 1.6: To Vee or not To Vee! Yes, that’s how this update is called ;)

Woot. Absolutely a required addition. Thanks.

(now about those parachute models on EVA...)

in before post was finished? lol

Update: ahh now they have added the video. :)

Edited by Fyrem

Just now, Fyrem said:

in before post was finished? lol

It's quite.. minimalistic, yes.

This might be one of the greatest updates for KSP. Nice work, Squad! 

You've done it Squad. You've actually made me feel hyped for a KSP update for the first time in over a year.

The game has honestly been incomplete without this feature as far as I am concerned. Great addition.

Great! Finally! Now... You know what else will be extremely handy if Jeb wants to go to Duna? 

You know what it is. It involves transfer windows and planning. 

pretty good feature I guess, am looking forward to release

OH LORD ITS HAPPENING!!! GREAT!

On another note, it looks like the two 1.25m nose cones are retextured. (Short one and tall one)

Edited by Dfthu

5 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

You've done it Squad. You've actually made me feel hyped for a KSP update for the first time in over a year.

Does that mean a hype train thread?

Holy Kraken.  KSP is almost 1.0 ready.

I'm not even angry about the GUI.  Simplistic yet reasonable.  Nice job to whoever designed it.  Now just move those gizmo buttons to where they belong please.

Edited by klgraham1013

If only I had some holidays coming up to play the new 1.6 in.... oh, wait... Yay!!

Kerbal Engineer is dead, well Kerbal Engineer still has great features.

Edited by Zackghostgamer

BEST

UPDATE

EVER!

That looks like a pretty slick implementation of a dV readout to me, but I'll echo the request for TWP/KAC-type features, pretty please with monoprop on top!

Now who has the HypeTraintm tickets again? It's been awhile...

5 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

BEST

UPDATE

EVER!

To all saying this: Let's not get ahead of ourselves people.  We have little idea what bugs will be fixed and what new ones will be introduced.  I'm on a semi-permanent "wait and see" approach with Squad at this point.

Edited by klgraham1013

5 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

To all saying this: Let's not get ahead of ourselves people.  We have little idea what bugs will be fixed and what new ones will be introduced.  I'm on a semi-permanent "wait and see" approach with Squad at this point.

Fair enough, but it's been a long time since an update has really gotten my attention. I haven't even bothered with 1.5 yet! But to me this one appears to have the potential to be in the running (can I throw in more weasel words?) for best update yet. It's the most feature-rich one in awhile (or so it seems to me, MH notwithstanding)

Great news! I wonder if it'll cope with Asparagus staging dV!

The only other reason I really use Kerbal Engineer is for viewing PE and AP during flight mode, and ground radar height. (Though other readouts are very useful for tight suicide burn landings.) I wonder if these readouts are possible without overwhelming begginners?

7 minutes ago, iLikeRovers said:

The only other reason I really use Kerbal Engineer is for..

Checking the slope underneath me is pretty useful too!

An excellent addition that does one thing that my beloved Kerbal Engineer doesn't do: This update will remove the many panes that cover the display with a little more data than I need.

I'll admit that KE is wonderfully full of data and configuration to the point where it's sometimes too complicated to learn how to minimize the available data displayed. I want to play, not tweak a mod for hours.

I'll still like KE about for a few tasks (interplanetary escape angles, for one) but I've learned to use Kerbal Alarm Clock to make burn times work. Looking forward to this; helps in immersion.

And KE will still be on-hand for serious crunch data. Yay, Squad!

6 minutes ago, iLikeRovers said:

I wonder if these readouts are possible without overwhelming begginners?

If you really want to overwhelm beginners, make sure you spread out all the necessary information needed for flight between as many scenes as possible.  Something crazy, like making radar altitude only visible from the cockpit.

Having AP and PE during flight doesn't make it harder for new players.  They need that information.  Asking new players to switch scenes to see it makes it harder for them.

That's a pretty slick looking UI. I guess it's time for me to retire Basic DeltaV now.