KSP Loading... Preview: The Δv per Stage Display

SQUAD

3 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Great! Finally! Now... You know what else will be extremely handy if Jeb wants to go to Duna? 

You know what it is. It involves transfer windows and planning. 

Oh you mean like something that will tell you how much delta-V it might take for various phases of a mission?  Without which, a delta-V readout is almost useless? :innocent_face:

This was a much needed addition. I always found it odd that maneuver nodes told what amount of delta-v was needed but not how much you had. Thanks a whole bunch. Desperately needed indeed.

Now I'm thinking about a mission planning tool. Maybe something in mission control (another tab?) that looks like the tracking station view, but instead of vessels it has maneuver nodes and SOI changes. Maybe start off by defining an initial orbit (LKO, stationary orbit, synchronous, etc.) around a specific body and then treat it like map view. Make it so that players can save flight plans and then choose them in flight. Could be useful.

14 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Harrumph! :mad: In my day we knew whether we had enough dV when and if we reached the destination, and not before! 

Punk kids. 

Yup! In my day, rockets were one of two things: Under-engineered so that they fall far short of reaching orbit and violently lithobraked on Kerbin, or over-engineered so much that a simple one-way Minmus orbital mission had enough fuel to land, biome hop, and return to Kerbin! Also we called DeltaV fuel and there was no such thing as perfectly-engineered missions or suicide burns! 

Hmph! 

This is so hot, it's schmelta-ing.

Now all I need is Ap/Pe and the times in the flight screen and I don't need KER. I'll probably still want it but I won't need it.

Oh and if you can code it to assume (or not even assume, let me tell it with a check box) that I'll drop empty tanks with rockets even though those rockets can still fire using fuel from the thing they're attached to... then you'd even be BETTER than KER.

4 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Now I'm thinking about a mission planning tool. Maybe something in mission control (another tab?) that looks like the tracking station view, but instead of vessels it has maneuver nodes and SOI changes.

I always thought it'd be nice to be able to place planning nodes on world orbits, so you can see the transfer window yourself and then fast forward to it. Or maybe even snap the node you create to to your ship when it's in orbit. Accounting for the several dozen differences between an orbiting ship and the planet, of course. Using magic. Hey Astrogator can do it so can Squad.

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

It looks like we're not only getting the dV Readouts (by which I humbly implore the backend devs to run against the Unity Profiler to ensure that overhead is not getting out of hand)... but also looking at the video it seems we will also be getting:

JwylpSE.png

A revamped LV-909 Terrier

2Enipav.png

A revamped Aerodynamic Nose Cone

zxj23XA.png

Revamped versions of the Advanced Nose Cone - Type A, possibly the Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk7 (its hard to tell at this resolution) and that the Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3 that was shown previously has changed a little bit since.

-----------------------------------------

... but I'm not surprised that Jeb ran out of fuel on his first trip to Duna. I mean seriously, SQUAD, "do you even Hohmann Transfer, bro?!"

7iZlp1E.png

What is this abomination?! :D Haha!

Anyway, its good to see a long requested feature finally make its way into the stock game in some guise; even if it doesn't give all the information that users of KER/MechJeb etc. are used to, the first and largest hurdle when it comes to mission planning has finally been cleared.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.