KSP Loading... Preview: The Δv per Stage Display

SQUAD

...Am...I...dreaming? Someone pinch me.

A STOCK DELTA-V READOUT! FINALLY! I haven’t even watched the video yet but I’m already SO hyped for 1.6.

EDIT: Video watched. TWR and Isp TOO? Revamped Terrier and revamped-revamped ADTP-2-3?

:0.0::cool:

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!

Wahoo!!!!!

Hooray  !!!!!!!
Yippee  !!!!!!!
Aah !!!!!!!
Excellent !!!!!!!
Lovely !!!!!!!
Gotcha !!!!!!!
Good  !!!!!!!
Thank God !!!!!!!
Ah  !!!!!!!
Alleluia !!!!!!!
Brilliant !!!!!!!
Congrats !!!!!!!
Congratulations !!!!!!!
Eureka  !!!!!!!
Goody  !!!!!!!
Hallelujah !!!!!!!
Hurray !!!!!!!
I think I’ve died and gone to heaven !!!!!!!
Now you’re talking !!!!!!!
Splendid  !!!!!!!
Thankfully  !!!!!!!
Whoopee !!!!!!!
Will wonders never cease? !!!!!!

Bah. Why do you keep implementing useful features everyone will enjoy? One would think you're trying to make this update the best yet.

I, and probably the rest of us, really appreciate the degree to which you all are focusing on community requests in this update. Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, Gapone said:

No. It will just make KER obsolete. :sticktongue:

Not all of it. KER still has tons of information in it besides dV, Isp and TWR, for example orbital information.

Oh, and a question: @RoverDude @UomoCapra Does the 'extra information' panel showing TWR etc. show in flight as well or just the editor?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Some suggestions:

Old engine flameout effects (seriously, the new are exaggerated)

New water textures (they look like patches (especially on laythe))

One nozzled poodle (please (maybe as variant (at least as make the dual-nozzled one a diffirent part)))

18 minutes ago, Gapone said:

One nozzled poodle (please (maybe as variant (at least as make the dual-nozzled one a diffirent part)))

I don't see how the two-nozzled Poodle is so bad--it makes a lot more sense than the original. While most of the part revamps try to keep to the original spirit of the part, I can see why the Poodle was an exception--it was really unrealistic.

Interesting to see if the deltav thing will work under all circumstances.  For instance, the engine plates from MH still reverse the fuel flow as displayed by the game, and also confuse the Engineers report into thinking they are a decoupler placed upside down.  With issues like that lingering, lets just say my confidence will stay reserved for now.  

12 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Having AP and PE during flight doesn't make it harder for new players

So, Kerbal Engineer is still pretty much required to play the game. Also, Kerbal Alarm Clock and Precise Node / Maneuver Editor  

Just now, evileye.x said:

So, Kerbal Engineer is still pretty much required to play the game. Also, Kerbal Alarm Clock and Precise Node / Maneuver Editor  

Squad really needs to stop being afraid of numbers.  DV is a step in the right direction.  Let's keep it going.

I want

31 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

to keep to the original spirit of the part

. That's why I want it to be one-nozzled and with the round thing.

31 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I can see why the Poodle was an exception--it was really unrealistic.

Now they have to decrease the thrust of ion engines--for Realism.

Seriosly, "unrealistic". WHY. IT. HAS. TO. BE. REALISTIC?

Edited by Gapone

Just now, Gapone said:

I want

. That's why I want it to be one-nozzled and withh the round thing.

Now they have to decrease the thrust of ion engines--for Realism.

Seriosly, "unrealistic". WHY. IT. HAS. TO. BE. REALISTIC?

Suspensions of disbelief. If some looks o works realistic enough. Then you cloud it's okey if it is still a bit off.  

Ions,while really powerfull in ksp, are still really damm weak. So they "feel" like how an ion could behave, while keeping it actually usable in stock.

The poodle design was far away from "kinda realistic", so that's why.

1 minute ago, Gapone said:

WHY. IT. HAS. TO. BE. REALISTIC?

I wouldn't say KSP is totally realistic (if anyone needs an ultra-realistic game, install RO) but the Poodle was unrealistic in comparison with the game's other engines. At least now we're getting semi-realism and a standard style for all of the parts.

1 minute ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Ions,while really powerfull in ksp, are still really damm weak. So they "feel" like how an ion could behave.

Twin-nozzled engine doesn't feel like lander one.

Also they can't release 1.6 before the Ant, Spider, Nerv, Twitch, Reliant, Swivel, Skipper and Mainsail engines are revamped.

Edited by Gapone

5 hours ago, ElWanderer said:

Choo Choo!

Will there be hooks so a mod can query how much delta-v a ship/stage has?

There already are, according to a few posts I've seen from modders since the new maneuver timer display

4 hours ago, Kergarin said:

Doesn't this make the game way too easy? :D

No. It's not cheating, like flying the ship for you ;)

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Not all of it. KER still has tons of information in it besides dV, Isp and TWR, for example orbital information.

Oh, and a question: @RoverDude @UomoCapra Does the 'extra information' panel showing TWR etc. show in flight as well or just the editor?

It'll show up in flight as well.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Not my feature, but I can ping @JPLRepo;)

(nm - ninja'd by @Maxsimal)

Edited by RoverDude

21 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

No. It's not cheating, like flying the ship for you ;)

Flying the ship for me... Hm...

Somehow this makes me wish they add communication lag to probe control so that you have to preprogramm your maneuvers :D

Or stock life support. I would like to see some more options to make the game harder, comnet was a great improvement to do so :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.