With stock delta-v indicators confirmed for 1.6, will you continue to use modded indicators?

CaelumEtAstra

Stock indicators or mod delta-v indicators?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Stock

• Switch to stock
    • Stick to mods
    • Something else

Personally, I will continue to use Kerbal Engineer as it has a HUD that allows me to see things at-a-glance rather than having to go into and out of the map screen to check my apo- and periapsis. I also perdict that in the future, it will save me from having to scroll through long staging lists to check dV.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

Given that stock adaptations of mod functionality are always buggier, less capable, and far more awkward, my answer to this question is always going to be "stick with mods."

The worthwhile stock things that have been added to KSP since 0.25 are editor tools, better aerodynamics, constant fuel flow/variable thrust, and some performance and stability enhancements. Everything else is useless, hot garbage.

They should have stopped development at either 0.25 or 1.3.1 and open-sourced the code or sold it to competent developers.

Edited by FleshJeb

I'll definitely stick to KER.

When Stock lets me build readouts that look like my top bar in the pic below I'll quit using KER:

HnZG6xR.png

Also, I've found the stock burn time indicator in 1.5 to be buggy at times and don't expect anyone to be able to pull off DV calculations on the first try. KER has evolved over years and can run calculations for the fairly complicated ship setups. The only reason KER is so good is because of lots of field testing. Since @SQUAD prefers to just dump code on us with a release versus beta testing I doubt their first try will be accurate in anything but the most basic core use cases. (I hope I'm wrong)

Edited by Tyko

I'm going to add...because my previous post was a bit harsh...

I'm really glad Squad is adding a basic stock DV readout. Like most other stock implementations it will be good enough for casual players, who often never travel further than Kerbin's moons, and it'll be helpful for consoles (if it's ever ported). So, it's a good addition to the game. I just think that for the advanced player - the type that tends to haunt the forums - they'll have a long way to go before they can match custom implementations like KER or MJ.

Edited by Tyko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.