[1.12.x] PWB Fuel Balancer Restored & Resource Jettisoning

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

Unfortunately, it's not. There is no menu (where you can move the set center of mass), and when you right click it in flight, the only options are the advanced tweakables (stock ones, like autostrut).

The word "assumption" comes to mind.  Did you bother to look at the log file?  Did you ask for help?

In this case, I don't need to see it to know that you are missing things, such as dependencies, which would be clearly shown in the log file.

It would help if you install the dependencies, I'll repeat them here:

Mod Dependencies: 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 3/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

The word "assumption" comes to mind.  Did you bother to look at the log file?  Did you ask for help?

In this case, I don't need to see it to know that you are missing things, such as dependencies, which would be clearly shown in the log file.

It would help if you install the dependencies, I'll repeat them here:

Mod Dependencies: 

Ah. It turns out that I didn't have SpaceTux Library installed. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

TLDR: Can we balance CoM over CoL

Hey there! So I've been in search of an auto fuel balancing mod to position center of mass over center of lift, for SSTO high-AoA reentries (space shuttle), as with varying AoA the position of lift seems to change especially on rear weighted lifting bodies like that of the shuttle. This mod is as close as I could find. I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option to auto balance fuel to position the CoM over CoL (and maybe also with a forwards offset). This would in theory dynamically stabilize the vehicle regardless of its angle of attack keeping the CoM slightly in front of CoL at all times. Just curious what you think about the feasibility of implementing this in KSP might be, figured this was a good place to first ask due to the similarity in this mods functioning. I might try and learn KoS to do this manually as I've scoured the internet but have yet to find a single mod that auto balances CoM over CoL.

Thanks for reading and/or any useful info :)

Edited by pingopete

• 5 months later...
On 3/22/2020 at 5:06 PM, pingopete said:

TLDR: Can we balance CoM over CoL

Hey there! So I've been in search of an auto fuel balancing mod to position center of mass over center of lift, for SSTO high-AoA reentries (space shuttle), as with varying AoA the position of lift seems to change especially on rear weighted lifting bodies like that of the shuttle. This mod is as close as I could find. I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option to auto balance fuel to position the CoM over CoL (and maybe also with a forwards offset). This would in theory dynamically stabilize the vehicle regardless of its angle of attack keeping the CoM slightly in front of CoL at all times. Just curious what you think about the feasibility of implementing this in KSP might be, figured this was a good place to first ask due to the similarity in this mods functioning. I might try and learn KoS to do this manually as I've scoured the internet but have yet to find a single mod that auto balances CoM over CoL.

Thanks for reading and/or any useful info :)

A bit late, sorry, but you didn't ping me so I wasn't aware.

That would be rather difficult, since the CoM is 3 dimensional, while the CoL isn't.  It's an interesting idea, but nothing I'm eager to do at this time

Maybe take a look at TAC Fuel Balancer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 0.2.1

• Fixed name of toolbar button
  • Added patch to add ModulePWBFuelBalance to all parts with a ModuleCommand
  • Fixed memory leak where a GUIStyle was constantly being created while the window was open
  • Lots of cleanup
  • Improved dialog window in flight
  • Added unlimited number of saved positions
  • Changed rate of fuel transfer to be 1/20 of the size of the destination time/sec (previously was doing a max of 50/sec, irregradless of the tank sizes)
  • Made sure that only one can be active at a time
  • Fixed bug where multiple PWB modules couldn't show any tokens in flight
  • Consolidated Start and OnStart in module, same with Awake and OnAwake, and Destroy & OnDestroy
  • Initial balancer name is the name of the part
  • Added yellow highlight of active balancer & selected CoL
  • Added compact, expanded & select mode for flight

Just updated, and Player.log is _full_ of:

"PWBFuelBalancer.ModulePWBFuelBalancer: FixedUpdate, ActualCoMMarker: False, ActualCoMMarkerVisible: False

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)"

Full as in, 40 minutes after starting the game, "grep PWB Player.log |wc" reported 400,000 lines. I found this especially surprising since the one craft used during that time didn't have the part fitted. I've replaced it with one with the part and turned it on. I now have 1,500,000 lines matching "grep PWB" after the few minutes it took me to write this.

After exiting to Desktop: 2 million lines out of a total of 8.4 million... but since each PWB line also adds two lines of whitespace and one "(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)", I think about 95% of the file is logging activity from PWB Balancer. Perhaps more - the file is 363MB, as compared to 948K for an old Player.log I have lying around.

KSP is also running a bit slow & I presume some debugging output was left on. All the usual stuff on demand but perhaps it's just doing this to everyone and you won't need it.

Edited by damerell

New release, 0.2.1.3

• Removed log spam
1 hour ago, damerell said:

Full as in, 40 minutes after starting the game, "grep PWB Player.log |wc" reported 400,000 lines. I found this especially surprising since the one craft used during that time didn't have the part fitted. I've replaced it with one with the part and turned it on. I now have 1,500,000 lines matching "grep PWB" after the few minutes it took me to write this.

It's now added to all parts with ModuleCommand automatically,  you don't need the part

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.