Should Squad Priotize bug Fixes?

MOAR Bug fixes?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. _____________

• Priotize Bug fixes
    • dont Priotize Bug fixes

Squad should spend their time in a mixed way:
They should put a priority on fixing the specific bugs that affect me, as well as adding or revamping parts I like to use.

Spending any time working on any other bugs or parts is a complete waste of time, and Squad should stop squandering resources in any way that doesn't directly benefit me and my playstyle!

4 minutes ago, razark said:

Squad should spend their time in a mixed way:
They should put a priority on fixing the specific bugs that affect me, as well as adding or revamping parts I like to use.

Spending any time working on any other bugs or parts is a complete waste of time, and Squad should stop squandering resources in any way that doesn't directly benefit me and my playstyle!

That's a bit unfair, don't you think? Clearly they should spend their time serving the nebulous composite entity that is the community.

Of which I—naturally—am the spokesperson.

1 minute ago, 0111narwhalz said:

That's a bit unfair, don't you think? Clearly they should spend their time serving the nebulous composite entity that is the community.

Of which I—naturally—am the spokesperson.

Now, see, it's reactionary attitudes like this that are tearing the community apart and are going to make Squad stop wanting to develop the game.

I'd like to see a balance between shiny new features and bugfixing.

I love all of the new stuff that's coming (dV indicators :o) but I hope that SQUAD will also focus some development time on fixing some of the really game-breaking and annoying bugs that are plaguing KSP right now.

(And a note: While there may be over a thousand bugs in the bugtracker right now, I reckon that a lot of those are tiny little errors that happen once and are never encountered again.)

Iv been playing for about 4 months or so and im sure they know better than me...but here is mho

they need to start looking into how to make the updates Conflict less with mods. maybe take it easy on the licensing issues (i dont understand that much but seems silly)

maybe look into a way to make moding easier for new user's via steam workshop..or even an official mod manager program..

all and all they need to water the garden so to speak..the mod garden.although it seems alot of people here would play and enjoy unmodded ksp that's not representative of like 80% of gamers..

while the game was on steam sale i had at least 5-10 of my friends look into this game and all of them said they were not interested because of "potato graphics" and no mods on workshop...

i tryd to explain to them how you mod this game and they were not having it..."to big of a pain" i even showed them screenshots of my moded version with clouds (scatter/eve) and they said for the most part if that was in the base game/easy to mod in they would buy it...

guess being in discord pulling my hair out trying to install mods on this game.i influenced there opinions haha..

anyway if they ever did try this game i know they would love it but...they just wont give it a chance as it is.:( ..o and no multiplayer didnt help much as most gamers now only like multiplayer games. i get it tho as after i pull off a cool mission or some thing i kinda wish i could share it with some one.

as for me i love this game! nothing else like it!!

Edited by DEG

@klgraham1013 I swear... you do NOT know how to drive a rover.

Your first wrong assumption was that a rover was actually supposed to use that ramp!

…from there my comments on your abilities only get worse.

There was a time... long, long ago...  (OK, so it was a year ago)  when I could actually do airdrop missions!

Farewell Kerbal Airborne Corps you are missed!

Didn't see a link to the video.

So ... Squad/T2 ... please read the comments on that video as well. Summoning @JPLRepo to spread the massage (pun intended).

Even on the largest unofficial FB group they're talking about this video.

T2: you guys have deep pockets and this is a title with a bright future, maybe just not mere the niche of space exploration. The editor is the game's main selling point. Invest some more money. Even better: buy Unity and fix thát.

9 minutes ago, peteletroll said:

I suppose part design and bug fixing aren't taken care of by the same people.

Wut?

You're saying there are multiple types of game developers? Oh no ... I always saw them as übertalented semi-machines capable of coding while texturing while drinking their tiny amounts of Jolt cola - because they don't need more.

I think I'll find a cave then. Not worthy.

To add an from a game I know well: World of Warships on which I have been a supertester for one year, Game design and game balance are delt with by two different teams. Hence why balance is done withg some delay. Same for bugs; it is an other team. So yeah, no wonder things seem so compartmentalized in video game design.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

IMO a purely 'bug fix' release, as a new version rather than a hotfix, would be a bit dull.

Serious bugs should be squashed mercilessly asap with a hotfix, of course, but beyond that it makes sense to me to combine the inevitable ongoing 'routine' bugfixes with a few new features in a proper new version. 

There were times, not too long ago, when a full out modded RSS/RO install would leak less RAM than the bone stock game does now sometimes. IMO this needs fixing before we move on. And then other fundamental things like joysticks etc, and THEN new content.

Well...  we voted on whether Sqaud should "Prioritize Bug Fixes"

Good news!  It appears they took immediate action!

Although, I suspect it's not entirely what we had in mind...

Maybe we should vote on whether or not Squad should "Fix the Bugs" next time?

Edited by XLjedi

2 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Well...  we voted on whether Sqaud should "Prioritize Bug Fixes"

Good news!  It appears they took immediate action!

Although, I suspect it's not entirely what we had in mind...

Maybe we should vote on whether or not Squad should "Fix the Bugs" next time?

If by "immediately took action" you mean they actually posted that several days before this poll started. Then...yes?  Maybe Squad has time travel now?

Check the posting dates...

Edited by Tyko

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

If by "immediately took action" you mean they actually posted that several days before this poll started. Then...yes?  Maybe Squad has time travel now?

Check the posting dates...

D'oh!   yeah...  I didn't see it til a day after I posted here. 

But technically, they are now prioritizing the bugs!

On 12/8/2018 at 3:43 AM, Kroslev Kerman said:

i do like new Parts and textures but i need more BUG FIXES 

KSP doesn't need new parts or bug fixes...

It needs new places to go, new stuff to do when you get there, new races (especially blue alien women who ask us to teach them about this thing we call "love"), the ability to build a Dyson sphere, new technology to go interstellar, tameable space goats, cooperative space building projects, a useful reason to build bases and space stations, space elevators, Kerbal Space Beer© merchandise...basically, a new injection of imagination and inspiration. 

Edited by Foxster

I checked the bug tracker, and most of them aren't bugs the average player would expect to see in normal ops, so I want new features! Especially new parts goddamit.

But, over bug fixes, I would like some optimization of the code, make the game run better.

29 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

@Foxster  I would agree with the new gaming mechanics over new parts...  but if they don't fix the bugs, the new mechanics are only going to cause the bugs to multiply.

In software development they aren't mutually exclusive. Every release of KSP has a feature list and a bug fix list. The same will be true of 1.6. 

I personally never encounter any bugs these days in KSP. I'm sure there are edge-cases where things  go unexpected for some folks but there's nothing game-stopping at the moment as far as I'm concerned. So I'd say Squad (and their alien overlords) should spend a bit of effort on bug fixes and get most of the team onto some flashy super-wizz new stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Foxster said:

I personally never encounter any bugs these days in KSP. I'm sure there are edge-cases where things  go unexpected for some folks but there's nothing game-stopping at the moment as far as I'm concerned.

True. I have never encountered any bugs in the stock game, and with the limited set of mods I use, I wouldn’t say that they are a problem. However, I know that more heavily modded installs are central to some people’s playstyles, so a big bug fix certainly wouldn’t hurt.

Of course, new content presents the opportunity for new bugs, but if feel that nowadays squad does a good job keeping the game in shape, considering what a terrible mess the code probably is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.