1.6 HYPE THREAD

Xurkitree

8 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Hype Train thread is supposed to start when the update has a confirmed release date--did I miss that? (Used to be when it was in experimentals but that terminology doesn't seem to be used anymore.)

Yeah but.... STOCK DELTA-V!!!

These are glorious times when the old ways are cast aside, and we bare our jubilance... nay.... our hype! For the world to witness!

7 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

I'm too lazy to search... Grrrrngh...

Just the Poodle/Spark please ;)

I’ll just link the threads...

KSP Loading has a ton of revamps, including the Spark (and the Mk2 Lander Can, which looks amazing BTW).

And here’s the Poodle:

Seriously, all of this is stickied at the top of the Daily Kerbal subforum (just above this one in the forum index), so it’s not too hard to find.

4 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

@RealKerbal3x Thank you, and apologies for my laziness.

Spark = yummy

Poodle = blech. Double nozzles is a double no.

Personally I like the new Poodle. It makes more sense than the old one (the old one’s nozzle was too small for a vacuum engine) while still fitting into the compact profile.

And they are adding a dV indicator in 1.6 ( :o):

3 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

I'm too lazy to search... Grrrrngh...

Aboard the Star Trek Enterprise, Captain Jean Luc Picard hunches slightly in his chair.  One hand raises with an open palm.  With an exasperated sigh, he covers his face with his road wary hand.

12 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Stock DV looks pretty snazzy I must say. You guys did good. Now just make sure it doesn’t have bugs. ;) 

It probably will be better than 1.3.1 KER wich thinks that engine plates work the same as decouplers and refuses to display deltaV for them when staged correctly

6 minutes ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

Yay, more bugs, almost none of which will be fixed. 

Bugs are inevitable if SQUAD wants to keep developing the game. Unless you want to pay thousands of dollars for bug-free code, you're going to get bugs.

They could just stop developing KSP now, but then we wouldn't get any new features and the game would die.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

With school projects in the way, I don’t think I can survive to winter vacation, especially with finals coming up in a few weeks. And there’s the infinitesimally tiny chance that the update gets release while I’m still on break. In that case I will do the peace and tranquillity dance and then ask nothing more of god.

The most awesome thing about this isn't that DV information is being added (and by the look of it, extremely well).

Even if it's the one feature I've been hoping for most to be added to KSP for a long long time.

The most awesome thing about it is that a generation of KSP gamers, the vast majority (but not all!) of which have no background in rocket science, are excited about getting DV information in stock KSP.

I will never stop thinking it's awesome that for a whole host of us, orbital mechanics seem intuitive thanks to KSP :D 

Im honestly just plain happy that something is being done about some of the ugliest and most bleh parts in the game.  I may not like everything abotu the revamped parts (specifically not a fan of reusing old geometry), but they are still ages better then old garbage can parts we still have in game and rarely if ever get used due to the combination of ugly looks and niche application in the 1st place.  The other things like kerbal helmet removal to help increase immersion are welcome as well, especially since its sorta dumb to have a forced helmet collar.  The dV feature i really dont care too much for (never had issues with a calculator and a minute or 2 for simpler ship designs), but its never a bad thing and i will surely take advantage of the ease of use during ship design.

So yeah, looking forward to next update, even if i feel it could have been much better in regards to the revamp effort.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

They could just stop developing KSP now, but then we wouldn't get any new features and the game would die.

In the vast history of gaming, most games actually stopped development before release.

39 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

In the vast history of gaming, most games actually stopped development before release.

Not in the case of KSP...SQUAD haven’t ever talked about finishing the game and I’m sure that we’ll see 1.7 and probably even 1.8 after 1.6.

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

• Elite Dangerous
    • Elite Frontier and First Encounters also had some bug fix releases, what was a problem before the Internet times...
  • World of Warcraft
  • Rodina
  • Eve Online
  • Star Citizen
  • No Man's Sky

Not to mention the infinite updates from some mainstream games on PSN (as Assassin Creed).

So… I don't think KSP is doing that bad after all. ;) 

42 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Not in the case of KSP...SQUAD haven’t ever talked about finishing the game and I’m sure that we’ll see 1.7 and probably even 1.8 after 1.6.

And KJR will probably be running fine on them. :D