1.6 HYPE THREAD

Xurkitree

16 minutes ago, Death Engineering said:

DasValdez did a thorough look earlier. Might be an archive.

@SQUADdoing a not so great job letting us know?  I'm pumped for this release!

Are they worried about the streamers finding bugs :) perhaps 

Edited by theJesuit

I saw changes for Making History engines...  Wolfhound went from 2.75t @ 412s to 3.3t @ 380s (super nerfed, too much perhaps).  Cheetah ISP buffed from 345 to 355s (now considerably better than just a twin Terrier).  Skiff got nerfed with a mass increase from 1.0t to 1.6t (it was a outlier with its extremely high TWR).

33 minutes ago, fourfa said:

I saw changes for Making History engines...  Wolfhound went from 2.75t @ 412s to 3.3t @ 380s (super nerfed, too much perhaps).

That still makes it more efficient than the Poodle, but that engine is still useful for landers as it has a short profile. I’d reckon that’s a good ballpark for the Wolfhound.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Stock dV is cool.

I'll get really hyped if they announce that landed craft/bases will definitively, really, for sure not drift. Seriously, that's my #1 issue with the game, and one that seems really hard to quash even with mods like ground anchors and what have you.

"Personal parachute kerbal unlock requirement is accessible to modders in the traits.cfg file and the requirements have been updated to: 0xp for pilots, and 1 xp point for Engineers and Scientists."  This is a pretty awesome change

"* The  following LFO engines were rebalanced : Wolfhound, Cheetah, Kodiak, Mastodon, Cub, Skiff, Bobcat."  I wasn't able to spot some of these in the preview stream