Bugs?

Moonself

Hi, I am returning to KSP after a long pause and I have just started playing the missions. Fresh install, no mods.

I keep encountering what seems to be bugs and I would like to check if I am doing something wrong. Here is what I have experienced so far.

1) "Trouble in the void": both vessels landed but the mission did not complete. The SWM-94 did not show up as landed, for some reason.

2) "Meet me in zero G": I successfully put the first vessel in orbit. The game immediately switched to the launch pad where I proceeded to orbit the second vessel. However, once in space, the first vessel was nowhere to be found. This occurred again on another mission (see next point)

3) "Sally-Hut-1": again, first vessel in the correct orbit, the game switched to launch pad for second vessel. Launched second vessel, that you have to land immediately. I did that. Then the third vessel was put in orbit but the Sally-Hut-1 was nowhere to be seen. I am in the correct orbit, I even get the prompt with instructions to dock, but there is no other ship in space. I checked at the tracking station and the only available vessels are Soy-Ooze 10 (landed at kerbin) and Soy-Ooze 10 part 2 (in orbit).

Are these bugs and I have been unlucky to find 3 bugs in 3 missions or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you Capt. Kerk,

I am glad I am not the only one. Given the lack of answers, I was starting to wonder if I had done something wrong during my mission.

Edit: Yes, I tried to redo the mission as well as restarting the game. No luck.

Edited by Moonself

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2020 at 2:51 AM, rspeed said:

Unbelievably, this is still an issue. Is nobody at Squad doing QC?

I saw your bug on the tracker, so I gave the mission a try this morning.  Never tried it before.  I launched the station into 80km/80km orbit.  Game brought me to launchpad with Soy Ooze 10 ready to launch.  Checked map, Sally hut was in orbit just fine.  Tried launching that Soy Ooze ship and then I remembered why I don't bother with these missions, lol.  Anyway, unable to reproduce this not working.

9 hours ago, klesh said:

I saw your bug on the tracker, so I gave the mission a try this morning.  Never tried it before.  I launched the station into 80km/80km orbit.  Game brought me to launchpad with Soy Ooze 10 ready to launch.  Checked map, Sally hut was in orbit just fine.  Tried launching that Soy Ooze ship and then I remembered why I don't bother with these missions, lol.  Anyway, unable to reproduce this not working.

Yeah, I updated the bug report saying that when I tried it again the bug didn't occur, and a hypothesis for a possible cause. I'm going to give it another try to see if I can figure out exactly how to reproduce the bug.

Also, holy hell that Soy-Ooze 10 ship absurdly unstable. I had to fly it straight up to almost 40 km just to get into orbit. I was just barely able to complete the mission because the station had enough monopropellant to perform a docking.

I'm pretty sure I encountered a bug in part 3 of Dawn of the Space Age. When I leave the atmosphere I don't get the required suggested orbit popping up. It's as if I haven't left the atmosphere at all. Additionally on the new mission of BepiColombo I don't get arrived at Moho popping up despite being in orbit of Moho. I have to say this is very frustrating and I'm really disappointed in the missions as a result, very poor DLC, this game deserves better. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.