[1.6.x] Space Bus

kunedo

3 hours ago, The_Franconian said:

Reading what is in the changelog, I think the recommended procedure for updating a non-CKAN installation to version 0.0.2 would be to remove the old "Kunedo" folder from "GameData" before installing the updated one. Do you agree?

Best regards

The Franconian

correct, thx!

Hello, @kunedo

A little observation/suggestion, but NO WAY it´s any kind of issue, not even a big deal, though: I don´t know if it would be possible, or maybe if it could somehow screw the ship/cockpit design or integrity, but in my opinion it could be very useful if there was a free attachment node/point in the front of the bus, where is the flag.
I mean, in my gameplays, I don´t attach the rear fuelcell, and use that node to connect a decoupler for rockets and boosters. I know, they´re definitely not necessary :D , but are very handy for longer space trips. So, maybe I could do the same for other stuff in the front.

Yeah, it´s VERY easy to add any small piece of stock metallic structure both in front or behind, that´s why I say my suggestion is not a big deal, ´cause it´s not a dependable addition.

Anyway, I´m glad you´ve added the landing gears to the main cockpit and have still kept them as available alone parts.  Nicely done! (y) :0.0:

Edited by Cataclism

Ive been having difficulty controlling the spacebus in flight. Every time I try to roll left(example) it instead goes right like Im Yawing right. Im guessing this is because of the gimbling of the rear engines but not 100% on that. The Vtol Lift engines also seem to be unbalanced compared to the CoM. Using just the vtol engines the spacebus likes to pitch up and eventually try to flip over. for any relative control..both engines need to be active as well as having SAS on. but changing heading is very difficult to do. Im thinking maybe having more reaction wheel control is needed(I think the default is only 1.0) perhaps 15-20 would be better. and perhaps the engine gimbaling may need to be adjusted...but perhaps the rear engine gimbals should be locked and allow the reaction wheels to do the pitch adjusting.

I also see that TCA works with the vtol engines. It may be beneficial to separate the vtol engine part into 6 separate attach points and allow TCA to act at the balancing factor via thrust vectoring. I like the vtol engines being 1 part..but unless TCA can control all 6 engines separately... thrust vectoring wont help at all.

As a side..not so important note. The Vtol engines seem very OP as far as thrust. a fully loaded spacebus with all bells and whistles only need about 15-30% throttle for vertical takeoff. I personally would like to see this reduced a bit..but I understand there may be a reason for it being so powerful.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Space Bus Updated! DATA structure changed , first uninstall older versions.

Spoiler

Version 0.1.1.0:

-Added Variant skin.
-Compatible with Raster Prop Monitor.
-Added docking port.
-Radiators heat animation.
-internal lights synchronize with external lights.
-Separated vtol.

DATA structure changed , first uninstall older versions.

Edited by kunedo

• 1 month later...

Honestly i love this.  But is there any way you could make another version of it in white and make it so its like a cockpit?  So i can make it like the "bridge" of a much larger space craft?  I love the style of it and would love to make it as the bridge for a huge craft i have been thinking about.  Also could you and i know im asking for a lot im just not talented as you are with this stuff.  But could you also separate the vtol pads so they could be used on other craft?  If not i understand.  I just like to have tons of parts you would probably be in disgust of how many parts packs i have installed it takes like 20 min for my ksp to load up, lol.  If not thats ok was just hoping you could.  Thank you

(ps ill double check you havent already done what i asked, lol.  By like looking at the other stuff you have made)

Thank you so very much you are a champ and a legend,

Magos Mechanicus of Duna

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.