I purchased KSP direct, can i have it on steam?

Years ago i purchased KSP directly from the website and i want to know if there is any way to get it for free on steam since i've already purchased it. I'm tired of having to re-download the game every time it gets an update and i want to switch over to steam.
Any help would be appreciated.

28 minutes ago, SYDWAD said:

Years ago

If it is more than 5 Years ago, you got a chance. Let me quote from the KSP FAQ:

In general no. The option to transfer KSP Store licenses to Steam is only available for those who bought KSP before it originally came out on Steam, March 20th 2013. Note that if you do qualify for a transfer and choose to do it, the process is OPTIONAL and IRREVERSIBLE. If you transfer your purchase to Steam, you will no longer be able to download or update the game from the KSP Store. To move to Steam, log in to your KSP Store profile and you will find the button to start the process next to your download link. If you can’t see the button in your profile it means you purchased the game after it was on Steam and you are not eligible, no exceptions, please don’t insist.

idk why they wouldn't let you do it today, it would be simple, on your account you can see the order ID of your game so just make a page that logs the order IDs and if you input your ID it disables downloads from the home page and emails a steam key to you, simple. I don't think it was more than 5 years ago because i don't see the button that quote describes, but thanks for the help though.

4 hours ago, SYDWAD said:

idk why they wouldn't let you do it today,

Because they have to pay Steam for every licence they have to transfer. This whole free transfer offer was made for the first few customers because they never had the choice to get this game on Steam back in the days when the game was only sold on the website. You had the choice.

And please remember that Steam pretty much forces any update on you and might break mod compatibility when you don't expect it.

22 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

Because they have to pay Steam for every licence they have to transfer. This whole free transfer offer was made for the first few customers because they never had the choice to get this game on Steam back in the days when the game was only sold on the website. You had the choice.

And please remember that Steam pretty much forces any update on you and might break mod compatibility when you don't expect it.

They have to pay steam for any license? i thought steam was closer to just a host than that.

39 minutes ago, SYDWAD said:

They have to pay steam for any license? i thought steam was closer to just a host than that.

No, Steam is a service provider and up until recently they took a 30% cut of every sale. That's why more and more companies like Paradox or Epic are now trying to make their own stores.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.