Burned out on KSP

SiriusRocketry

34 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Completely burned out on the game. I have a beefy PC so any mods which change the game are allowed, other than RSS/RO. A stockalike realism mod is preferred. Cheers :D

Did you mean to ask a question and forgot to add it? Are you posting a challenge and forgot to explain the objective? Are you asking for ideas for your career, or trying to tell people how to play KSP?

In short: what is this message about?

12 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Basically: does anyone know any cure for burning out?

My answer would be: take some time off, away from KSP. Play some other (types of) games. If KSP has you hooked, it'll tug the line at one point or another, and you'll come back to it naturally. If you're having to force yourself to play, it's time to take a break.

Change your style of play.

When I got burn out a couple of years ago, I changed my SOP to building rockets and planes with an eye towards hyper efficiency in terms of part count and cost.  I also challenged myself to reduce my mod dependency.  I went from 40+ mods to less than half as many.

It' amazing how the creative challenge sparked my desire to play again.

Have fun.

MM

Don’t force yourself you keep playing KSP. When I get burned out, I play another game. And when I get burned out that one I play another one. So eventually I’ll play again. So hopefully that helps you

Yeah, if you're burned out on KSP, finding ways to try and play KSP even more are just going to burn you out even more.

Don't be afraid to take a step back, play other games, do other stuff.

Reading the mission reports section of the forum can be a nice way of getting your KSP fix without the stress if you really can't stay completely away.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/51-mission-reports/

KSP will still be there when you get the bug and want to play again :D

On 12/9/2018 at 8:30 AM, swjr-swis said:

My answer would be: take some time off, away from KSP. Play some other (types of) games. If KSP has you hooked, it'll tug the line at one point or another, and you'll come back to it naturally. If you're having to force yourself to play, it's time to take a break.

Totally this. A month or two ago I found myself not feeling the love for KSP.....I played it every day and only that every day for so long one day I just felt flat with the game.

I "felt" I needed more, more that KSP wasn't giving me.

With that I went off to play Orbiter 2016 for a few weeks,  followed by Simple rockets 2.

Before long I came "home", back to the  KSP I love but with a new vigour......not because the other games are no good, far from it, but now I have 3 similar games that offer different challenges and fun..

Oddly, when I fired up KSP for the first time in ages yesterday it felt like i didn't know what to do, how to build, etc yet within 5 minutes I felt like i did when I found this at version 0.90...

@swjr-swis you've hit the nail right on the head :)

On 12/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, SiriusRocketry said:

Basically: does anyone know any cure for burning out?

I think the issue is worrying about it in the first place. You have absolutely no obligations to the game; it's not a child or a pet you have to look after.  Play something else or do something completely unrelated.  I am learning the trumpet and go whitewater kayaking in my free time.  I also enjoy reading. Those may not be your cup of tea, but you get the idea...  If a hobby is no longer fun, stop doing it.   

Despite being on the forum, I am on a KSP break as well.  I love plane building but feel like it is time to expand my horizons, so a lot more rovers and rocketry when I get back into it...whenever that is...

PS. I just noticed your location is NZ.  You are not too far from Murchison and the NZ Kayak School :cool:  (I'm  a bit obsessed with this sport.)

https://nzkayakschool.com

Edited by Klapaucius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.