Mission Duna

KnedlikMCPE

What should we do next?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do next?

• Robotic spacecraft
    • Sample recovery using minicraft

One option is to go full kerbal and send an base or at least an manned mission. 
Note that the time to return window might be so long an base and an crew rotation mission makes most sense. 

An sample, or in this setting science return mission is interesting, however putting stuff into Duna orbit also very useful you also want resource scans. One option is an fast run probe mission following by an minimum cost manned one. 

Send a kermanned rover to identify and plant a flag at the landing site for the future colony.  You want somewhere flat, low (so parachutes do something) and with enough ore to actually be worth drilling.

Or send a kermanned Duna plane, because making something that flies on Duna is always interestingly difficult. (I recommend a modded electric engine of some kind!)

15 hours ago, eddiew said:

Send a kermanned rover to identify and plant a flag at the landing site for the future colony.  You want somewhere flat, low (so parachutes do something) and with enough ore to actually be worth drilling.

I normally send a robust robotic rover with an ore scanner as soon as I have comms secured.

Then I can prospect for a good (and flat) site, and use the rover as marker.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.