Xurkitree

Pol is pretty icy . . .

One day, I was reading a newspaper, when I saw an article on scientist theorizing the presence of ice pyramids on Europa. The picture given with the article was small pyramids of ice on some mountain in South America, and they looked so much like Pol's terrain scatter that it got me thinking...

After some googling, I found this article on Wikipedia - apparently these ice formations are called Penitentes, and are found in cold but extremely dry areas - like Pol! The article also has references to the presence of such formations on Europa and Pluto, both icy worlds.

So, since Terrain Scatter has been there for a long time, I'm somewhat surprised to see no references to this fact. Kinda interesting, don't you think?

YnI72j4.png

Pol terrain scatter

440px-Planetary_Analogue.jpg

Penitentes in the Atacama Desert

So I conclude that Pol is actually an icy world - maybe a comet or something? idk

• Like 8

There is no reference to this, true, but I always assumed that is where the designers got the idea from.

Great thought, and good job digging up the name of the phenomenon etc.

Excellent, the rover in a box... you may soon encounter weird tube-shaped unknown objects... keep clear from the shadows... ;)

26 minutes ago, SuperMiiBrother said:

How do you have old parts?

He’s probably using an old version.

13 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

ice pyramids on Europa

I think you will find its just the one giant diamond that was blasted off Jupiter when it was ignited (2061). 

Edited by Foxster
  • Like 1

The lander isnt mine - I just took it to show an example of Pol Terrain Scatter.

2 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

The lander isnt mine - I just took it to show an example of Pol Terrain Scatter.

Oh. Shame, I was about to say "cool lander"

2 minutes ago, Loskene said:

Oh. Shame, I was about to say "cool lander"

goddamit