Most succesful launches in a single 24 period?

Kevin Kyle

I was browsing the launch schedule and I noticed starting this Tuesday morning, 5 launches are scheduled in the next 24 hour period. That got me wondering and I of course did some searching with little results. But, if there is any one single place where this question might be easily answered, I bet it might be right here. I know there are many very knowledgeable people that browse this awesome forum. Of course I dont mean lesser flights and such or multisat launches like some of the amazing launches in the past. Single rocket launches the put something in orbit.

Does anyone know the answer to that question? 5 seems like a lot for one day provided they all go off as scheduled. I hope to watch or follow them all if I can. Maybe a new record?

58 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

As to your question, I have no idea.

But may I ask what the fifth launch is? I see:

• Falcon 9/GPS
  • Soyuz/CSO
  • Delta IV Heavy/NROL-71
  • GSLV MkII/GSAT

Well, darn it. I guess the 5th one is isnt until the next morning after. So only 4 launches in 24 hours because I cant tell time apparently. :)

Actually its in the evening of the following day.

Edited by Kevin Kyle
Oops

Well well, there may be 5 launches today after all. Although the Cali Launch is only 20% due to the weather. I didnt know about the New Glen launch today so that would make 5. The first launch should be coming up shortly.

Errrrrrrrr.......back to 4 I guess because the Soyuz launch has been delayed until tomorrow due to upper level winds. It was pretty slim they would get 5 off today anyway. Bummer!

10 minutes ago, tater said:

DIVH has an 80% of weather violations, too. So it probably scrubs. That would make 5 on Wednesday, lol.

Its possible, the last launch is at like 5:30 in the morning so if the other 4 go off tomorrow, it might still make 5 in a 24 hr period.  :) Ya, I expect that Delta4 will get scrubbed too as well. So only India's launch might actually make it. Soyuz is already been scheduled for tomorrow. I expect New Glen and Falcon to do the same and probably Delta4 too.

1 down, 3 to go. No 5 today though since Blue Origin was delayed until Friday. Next up....Falcon. Oops, I guess its not next up since its laying flat on its back. Guess it is not going today either. So now its down to the Soyuz and Delta4. I was hoping to see something historical but I guess it will wait for another day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.