Energia

Alcentar

This add-on adds details to the game to create the Soviet super-heavy carrier rocket Energia.

The rocket is made according to a two-step scheme “package” with a parallel arrangement of four first-stage oxygen-kerosene rocket blocks (blocks A) around a central second-stage oxygen-hydrogen rocket block (block C) and an asymmetrical side arrangement of the payload.
Due to its layout, the Energia is universal and capable of launching a payload weighing more than
100 tons (65t in stock) into near-earth orbits, both in the form of a reusable orbital spacecraft (OK) and in the form of independent large-sized payload.

General form:

e60f8d3cd1b76ca1d591960710f0fd6e.jpg

Payload options for Energia in game:

POLYUS

c2a784e045fcf354fd11fc1df8be3b1e.png

BURAN                           ( Buran was made by the author under the nickname @DECQ , the author transferred all rights to it to me).

d23edbacdde350621520952670b4e04c.png

BURAN_T CONTAINER

6e295e22c5ed93aac663ebcaaab42b85.png

Also, in the add-on overclocking blocks are included , DM and SMERCH.

Interesting poster,  can see how changed the style of the rocket and the spacecraft,  the translation of the inscription  "the evolution of the aerodynamic structure". 

0130c2f4d743adc3291f46692f459a50.png

The rocket is set up under stock, and also works together with RSS/RO  (Buran in RO not working).

fd3e08ad17c6d706b545ba38a0c6ef62.png

6f84c2997ee14232cb7649f5fe590925.png

Add-on included (FOR VERSION KSP 1.4.5): All add-ons included in add-on work with version 1.4.5, therefore I do not give any guarantee that everything will work for version 1.5.1, you may have to install new versions of add-ons that are included in this add-on !!!

CommunityResourcePack

KerbalJointReinforcement

KSPWheel

ModuleManager

Add-on works with:

RealPlume

SmokeScreen

BDArmory       (need only for "Polyus").

Add-on requires !!!

RealEnginesPack                  (Without it, you will not have the necessary engines and you simply can not use add-on).

"Buran" does not fly well enough, but I can put it on the runway after a space flight without any problems, so I think that it is quite working. 

And please let me know if this works for 1.5.1  :P

DOWNLOAD:           https://spacedock.info/mod/2029/Energia

Edited by Alcentar

9 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

al thanks for doing this man. looks great. 

artoban

https://spacedock.info/mod/1488/ULA Vulcan rocket parts pack

superpenguin makes a ULA vulcan and raider nick has zenit etc..

i think the m version upperstage is in this. if not it is in the original.

I think, @ARTOBAN meant the Energija-derived soviet Vulcan.

14 hours ago, ARTOBAN said:

Will there be a vulcan , zenith and energy m?

No, this add-on is needed first of all for me, I use Energia in RSS, now I am interested in working on my own spacecraft and rocket.

11 hours ago, Abpilot said:

right....found the problem...it was that the buran is so big that it says no to another mods and kills its self

I received a ready-made Buran, it was made a long time ago but for 1.4.5 it works fine, I don’t know what’s wrong with it... :-\

Edited by Alcentar

On 12/18/2018 at 10:09 PM, Abpilot said:

no it doesent cuz KJR doesent work with 1.5x

Abpilot, I have flown Alcentar's Energia at-least 40 times (from his old LCA mod) with the CA-Buran-analog...   Heck with some extra tankage I have even used Energia to launch a US STS Space Shuttle with it's 3 RS-25/SSME engines running....  I have not used KJR since 1.0.5 (I think.)   why not just learn to use STOCK strengthening of your rockets?  The functionality is already in the game and it actually works.  While Ferram4 does amazing work.. using less mods = less problems.

Alcentar, thanks for re-launching this set of parts.  I am downloading it now!    As others have asked I too would love a Alcentar created Energia-Vulkan.   The Vulkan is in my opinion one of the best ideas that came out of the whole Energia program

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Abpilot, I have flown Alcentar's Energia at-least 40 times (from his old LCA mod) with the CA-Buran-analog...   Heck with some extra tankage I have even used Energia to launch a US STS Space Shuttle with it's 3 RS-25/SSME engines running....  I have not used KJR since 1.0.5 (I think.)   why not just learn to use STOCK strengthening of your rockets?  The functionality is already in the game and it actually works.  While Ferram4 does amazing work.. using less mods = less problems.

Alcentar, thanks for re-launching this set of parts.  I am downloading it now!    As others have asked I too would love a Alcentar created Energia-Vulkan.   The Vulkan is in my opinion one of the best ideas that came out of the whole Energia program

Thank you, but this add-on has nothing to do with LCA, "Energia" works well in RSS, but rather uncomfortable in stock.
I will not create Vulkan or Energia-M, this add-on (without Buran") has been around for about 10 months, but just now I added it to the stock, and released it.

At the moment I have been carried away with my own project, and I must say that this is something new for me, quite difficult but very interesting, especially with a reliance on real characteristics.
Manned version of the looks like this, but I think that this is not the final version. :D

e0f0b69c54c9a69cafb66f1fe45182a3.jpg

1 hour ago, Russekof71 said:

Hi ! Super mod, is it compatible with RSS / RO?

1. Why write so big? Don`t scream.
2. Reading the first post of this thread gives you the answer:

The rocket is set up under stock, and also works together with RSS/RO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.