Energia

Alcentar

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hanz!1337 said:

Hello !

I have a problem with this mod, 

when I'm at the VAB and take the Buran Cockpit or the Wings, the landing gear is deploying at the VAB and cannot be retracted and it's not working in flight.

Can someone pls. help me ?

Thx :)

which KSP Version? :)

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Hanz!1337 said:

The newest 1.7.3 : ) 

this mod is fairly old (not really) it has been developed ever since 0.22 with bobcat starting it, then decq inherited it and now alcentar, with its extensive life time it is not likely to last any longer however you can use this with older versions...but i dont know what your doing wrong as it is working fine for me, must have installed it wrong or something? can you retract the landing gear at all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 8:26 AM, MarrouxIsBack said:

Aloha,

With the last version (1.80 , 1.81) the landing gear remains deploying in the VAB and also  in the game.

Somebody  would have an idea ?

Try using KspWheel, that has solved the problem at my save 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152782-18x-kspwheel-physics-based-alternate-wheel-collider-api-only/

• 4 months later...
On 7/27/2019 at 6:49 AM, MarrouxIsBack said:

Aloha,

thank you so much.
It works very well with KJR
I just have a message for the lack of kopernicussolarpanel
Where is this element?

where did you find this?

5 hours ago, HgoDR said:

it's but saddly not working in 1.9 :/

It's a simple parts pack. It should work.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:30 PM, HgoDR said:

I have a problem with the ENERGY rocket in 1.9, the rocket just disintegrates on the launch pad, does anyone know how I fix it or if it has a solution?

I'll need to know how exactly it disintegrates. If it kind of implodes or wobbles so much it comes apart, try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement or just autostruts (turn on advanced tweakables in settings). If it's an explosion, I dunno why.

EDIT: though of it literally 5 seconds after posting:

maybe world stabilizer? Unlikely, but possibly a fix.

EDIT again: maybe a mod incompatibility, not with this but with something else?

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

On 5/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

It's a simple parts pack. It should work.

I'll need to know how exactly it disintegrates. If it kind of implodes or wobbles so much it comes apart, try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement or just autostruts (turn on advanced tweakables in settings). If it's an explosion, I dunno why.

EDIT: though of it literally 5 seconds after posting:

maybe world stabilizer? Unlikely, but possibly a fix.

EDIT again: maybe a mod incompatibility, not with this but with something else?

When I launch and the physics starts, the whole rocket starts to shake and the boosters break off the main rocket, fall and explode. So I thought the problem could be the outdated KerbalJointReinforcement, but I updated it and it didn't solve it

EDIT: So autostruts and world stabilizer is mods? it is not a mod incompatibility beacuse i have tested this mod without anything

Edited by HgoDR

@HgoDR that's pretty clearly a problem that can be fixed by turning on autostruts.

They are not a mod. To enable them in a stock game, go to settings (from the main menu or by pressing escape) and scroll down to Gameplay. Turn Advanced tweakables on, then go back to your save and the VAB. Find the parts you want to autostrut (probably the side boosters, the main tank structure, and the payload), and right click on them. There should be a button saying Autostruts: Disabled. Click on it to change the autostrut mode. I would recommend Heaviest Part for this purpose.

7 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

@HgoDR that's pretty clearly a problem that can be fixed by turning on autostruts.

They are not a mod. To enable them in a stock game, go to settings (from the main menu or by pressing escape) and scroll down to Gameplay. Turn Advanced tweakables on, then go back to your save and the VAB. Find the parts you want to autostrut (probably the side boosters, the main tank structure, and the payload), and right click on them. There should be a button saying Autostruts: Disabled. Click on it to change the autostrut mode. I would recommend Heaviest Part for this purpose.

This solves the problem of the boosters bouncing and falling, but when the engines are started the boosters detach themselves from the side couplers as if they were nothing, and I used the Advanced tweakables in every single part

It's been a couple of years since I used this mod.  From what I remember, I needed to autostrut the Zenit side-booster fuel tanks to the main fuel tank (using Autostrut to Grandparent).  To avoid all of the torque effects of the RD-170 engines on the side-boosters, I used Autostrut to Root on the nose cone for the side booster.  This seemed to take care of the twisting that the side boosters wanted to do during ascent.

Of course, this was a few KSP versions ago, so who knows if it still works.

FWIW, I typically autostrut each fuel tank to the root part, boosters tanks to their grandparent part (so they strut through the decoupler to the tank that the decoupler attaches to), and booster nose cones to root to eliminate the twisting that the boosters otherwise will do.  I haven't needed KJR to launch anything up to N-1 or Saturn V sized when using autostrut.

This thread has been lost for a long time, I haven’t logged into KSP for a long time, I don’t know how the rocket and the shuttle behave in new versions of the game, the problem with the squat rocket used to be solved by “Kerbal Joint Reinforcement”, it is written on the first page, if KJR is still supported, you must use it.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Sampa said:

ok, whoever is fixing the Buran shuttle, Just a heads up, found a texture failure.  shuttle parts showing up pitch black

I took the model from DECQ, did not create it, to completely fix it (including problems with textures), will need to get all the details first to Blender, then again to Unity, which is very long and tedious.

It’s easier to create a new, own universal shuttle to replace the olds "Buran" and Space Shuttle, which I do. :ph34r:

94af79843674943425dccf82a4df8412.png

b6a3b833ae80b5b5eda58ae5c11df5e7.png

I don’t know if it will be interesting to anyone in the "Buran" theme, in any case, work continues on creating a new space shuttle. :)

The main goal is to create a shuttle capable of not only carrying heavy cargo into orbit, but also reaching the orbit of the Mun in two launches (together with the booster block), to create and support space stations in orbit of the Mun.

61775e51ea5abc0b8121fcd4840bfa89.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.