KSP Community Rewind 2018

Damon

Kerbal Space Program Communty Rewind 2018
An unofficial representation of the modding community.

I wanted to make a KSP video about some of the mods we've been playing this past year. Mods that changed the way we think, play and mods that will forever be in our GameData folder no matter what KSP version.
I wanted to make a video to appreciate the modding community by making something that truly represents what we as modders can bring to a world full of little green men and women.

I've asked your opinion! I wanted to know what your #1 mod is and why. So by the end of the year I had a video that represented the modding community. Because without them, KSP is not the same.

Edited by damonvv

I´d hope this could still squeeze into the "visual/planet" category" and say Sigma Dimensions/Rescale was the most important one for me this year. Completely changed how I view and play the game, and I will never ever return to stock scale at this point.

Peace

TK

Edited by Tiankay

I exclusively play career mode, so Kerbal Construction Time, Contract Configurator (esp. with Anomaly Surveyor, Giving Aircraft a Purpose and Field Research), and Unmanned Before Manned (and my UBM Extended) tech tree have been essential for years.

This year, BARIS by @Angel-125 and Kerbal Health by @garwel have made permanent places for themselves in my game alongside Snacks!.

As for part mods, I love building and flying planes, so I have to have Airplane Plus, @Citizen247's Ministry of Space Aeronautics Dept@NESD's Open Cockpit, and Kerbonov but I've pared back my rocket/station part mod collection to mostly SXT and Missing History otherwise.

If I had another 4-8 gigs of RAM, or a card with more than 1 gig of VRAM, I'd add all the Wild Blue Industries and Near Future mods as well, as well as this year's brilliant updates to Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbin-Side Remastered by @Ger_space and @Eskandare. The last time I tried an install with everything, back on 1.3.1, it would take 45 minutes for the game to load because my computer had to page file everything around because KSP keeps all assets loaded all the time. This is also why I'm saving up for a new computer.

For visual mods, i love the look of Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements, and it runs well on my potato so I keep it simple.

Edited by theonegalen

6 hours ago, damonvv said:

I want to know what your #1 mod is and why.

I feel like everyone who has posted thus far has missed the point. :sticktongue:

Two mods are tied for that spot for me.

OPT Spaceplane Parts: The first parts mod I met when I was introduced to KSP (1.0.5). Right away I wanted to build very large DSEVs that never neded to refuel, and sail in space between the stock planets (granted, I only knew Kerbin and Mun existed and I have no memory of using the Tracking Station before KSP 1.1.0), and OPT is very fit for that with its large cabins and cargo bays, and the Dark Drive.

Galileo's Planet Pack: I hadn't yet gotten to fully colonize Duna, do a Jool 5 proper, land on Moho (much less return from there) and I yet had no nerve to even graze Eve's SOI edge, but GPP was the first planet mod I encountered that really caught my interest. @Galileo had only just started and @OhioBob and @Poodmund were with him, and the GPP dev thread was still very young. I had no idea yet about "realism" and the pursuit of it in mod-making, neither did I know that there was glory and fame to be had in owning a mod, and I had no mods of my own yet-- so I didn't care about all that but I hung around, loved the texture work and the idea of replacing Kerbin et al with worlds with a greater tier of textures, with more personality, and were supposed to be alien and different to what everyone knew and would expect of a planet mod. I had fun all the way: learning mod-making and setting the stages for great and novel gameplay once I joined its dev team; and helping to pioneer with what has become imo, a legendary planet mod since OPM.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

15 hours ago, Tiankay said:

I´d hope this could still squeeze into the "visual/planet" category" and say Sigma Dimensions/Rescale was the most important one for me this year. Completely changed how I view and play the game, and I will never ever return to stock scale at this point.

Peace

TK

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Near Future Tech - the entire suite, and Outer Planets Mod.

These 2 mods have completely changed the way I play KSP now. My career is great, and I've gotten better at KSP to. Its challenging, but not tough.

Shoutout to Nertea's Project - Restock!

Also, For the OP - Will this have what the people want? Will you read the comments? Will you load a quicksave? FOR ITS REWIND TIME

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.