KSP Community Rewind 2018

Damon

For playing 1.5, the biggest mod by far was Galileo's Planet Pack. Combined with ResearchBodies. These two really did reignite my desire to play.

For 1.6, the biggest mod-related story I can tell is that I'm not using many, and no game-changers. I've been very happy playing with just ForScience (because if I never have to right-click a science doodad in flight I'll still have done it too many times in my life) and WarpEverywhere (because being forced to 10x time warp when you know you're safe is just sad). But other than that I'm for the first time totally happy exploring the entire solar system with just the stock game, parts, planets, and controls.

Edited by 5thHorseman

My list is divided into two sections: Most Improved, and Best Newcomers.

Most Improved of 2018:

1. Bluedog Design Bureau ( @CobaltWolf 's masterpiece has undergone significant improvements this year, from fresh art passes to new parts)

2. Near Future ( @Nertea 's pack of mods has improved a lot this year, and still remains a must-have collection of mods for any install)

3. Coatl Aerospace ( @akron 's probe parts pack has improved a lot this year, from Textures Unlimited integration, to the addition of Mariner, Juno, and IUE spacecraft)

Best Newcomers of 2018:

1. Space Station Parts Expansion Redux ( @Nertea has revitalized his old parts pack into something new and exciting, and EVERYTHING HAS GORGEOUS IVAs, there may also be fish too)

2. Universal Storage II ( @Paul Kingtiger , @Daishi and @DMagic rejuvenated Universal Storage into a new, sexy parts pack)

3. Rocket Sound Enhancement ( @ensou04 's sound enhancement gives rocket engines that crackle sound, and makes your rockets sound heavenly)

Edited by hieywiey

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, planet-creations said:

I once tried installing the Before Kerbin mod by @Gameslinx but that ended up softlocking my KSP save :(

You need to use the correct version of Kopernicus, EVE, scatterer, etc.

It's not built for 1.6, but it will work on it if you update its dependencies. The mod says 1.4.x for a reason ;P

(Also, you should talk about this on the Before Kerbin thread :P )

Edited by Gameslinx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.