Juno Ace Ultimate Free For All

Pds314

Does anyone know how to remove stutter, either in post-processing or better yet, in KSP? I think it's either caused by physics or garbage collection issues.

I think they may be fixed in 1.6. Memgraph also helps with them. Not sure what would happen if I tried using 1.6 for recording though. Otherwise it seems the 1.2-second garbage-collection-stutter-of-doom is really messing with recording until there are only 3-4 planes in the air. Unity's freeze-the-world garbage collection is.. weird.

Edited by Pds314

Do either of the craft have Adjustable Landing Gears? If so, you've probably run into the same bug I did, caused by KSPWheelMotor. You might be able to remove it via a MM patch with the following:
@PART[KF-ALG*]
{
        !MODULE[KSPWheelMotor] {}
}
else you'll have to open up the .craft files and manually remove each instance of KSPWheelMotor.
Don't know of a post-process method to remove the stutter, though depending on the video editing software you're using, it might have a tool to remove duplicate frames.

Also, I've identified and fixed a bug preventing ripplefire in the tweaked BDAc I linked earlier (fixed version re-upped to same DL link), not an issue with Vulcans/Avengers, but could caluse problems for anyone using AN/M2s.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

10 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Do either of the craft have Adjustable Landing Gears? If so, you've probably run into the same bug I did, caused by KSPWheelMotor. You might be able to remove it via a MM patch with the following:
@PART[KF-ALG*]
{
}
else you'll have to open up the .craft files and manually remove each instance of KSPWheelMotor.

Also, I've identified and fixed a bug preventing ripplefire in the tweaked BDAc I linked earlier (fixed version re-upped to same DL link), not an issue with Vulcans/Avengers, but could caluse problems for anyone using AN/M2s.

I looked for any KSPWheelMotors in the files you sent and they were deleted on your end. So far yours is the only ALG craft I've actually made fight.

Edited by Pds314

Hmm.. not ALG stutter. Perhaps try setting Anti-Aliasing to off and reducing shadow count/render quality? That would at least free up some frames. If it's the occasional hang rather than a stutter every other second or something you could also try Better Time Warp and set the warp to something like 0.9, and then speed up the video to 110% in post.

If it's a 1.5.1 memory issue, BDAc does work in 1.6, so that may be an option.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

1 hour ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Hmm.. not ALG stutter. Perhaps try setting Anti-Aliasing to off and reducing shadow count/render quality? That would at least free up some frames. If it's the occasional hang rather than a stutter every other second or something you could also try Better Time Warp and set the warp to something like 0.9, and then speed up the video to 110% in post.

If it's a 1.5.1 memory issue, BDAc does work in 1.6, so that may be an option.

Yeah I just tried.

So, the main branch of FARc is utterly incompatible with 1.6, but dkavolis has one on their github that works. 1.6 doesn't completely eliminate stuttering, but it basically eliminates the stuttering that arises from stock KSP and massively cuts down on stock memory consumption when there are complicated or many crafts. After updating everything it appears that stuttering during initial climb and merge is reduced significantly and in fact virtually eliminated after the merge, especially if at least one plane gets shot down.

Edited by Pds314

4 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@PART[KF-ALG*]
{
}
Don't know of a post-process method to remove the stutter, though depending on the video editing software you're using, it might have a tool to remove duplicate frames.

What kind of issue are you referring to?

Im using an older adjustable landing gear but with the latest ksp wheels mod.

It seems ok but as i do not use motors on those plans i could add your patch.

In my opinion the stutter must involve something with what BDAc uses or does just after "competition starts" . take off normally causes no or less stutter. I also use memgraph and as that decreases the problem it could be garbage collection.

I am still on 1.5

By the way what do you mean by ripple fire?

For some reason, when I'm accelerating down the runway my plane starts jumping all over the place and then eats it.

Edit: I've determined that the problem is something about my design, not a bug. Not sure what exactly. I downloaded some of the planes you guys have posted, and they all flew fine.

Edited by sturmhauke

-Alioth81 - Back in BAD-T IV, there was an issue where if aircraft had ALG gears, if a BDA dogfight was run, shortly after takeoff, about when the AI retracted landing gears, the game would start stuttering with ~half-second pauses every other second or so, (you can see it in the video of the first BAD-T match) that I ended up tracing back to the motor module, having it present caused massive stutter, removing it everything ran fine; it probably was memory related, as the stutter got progressively worse the more ALG equipped planes in the air.
Ripple fire is when there are multiple guns that fire in sequence rather than every gun firing at once.

23 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

When checking the empty weight, should we take the missiles off the rails?

Missiles but not their rails. Those are not removable in flight.

Alright. I am uploading the first video. UI will be on for this one.

Spoiler

The ground gets 3 kills! =D

Fainting due to G-forces and having your plane not be able to dodge the ground are not good for your continued existence.

Wanderfound's Sparrowhawk Mk3 barely wins! As such, it will face off against Alioth81's K-10 Piglet!

Edited by Pds314

Alright. For some reason I don't fully understand this video has more stuttering than the last two. Could be P-wings, ALG, or maybe just the amount of complex terrain and ground scatters nearby.

@SuicidalInsanity's Meteor fights @Alioth81's Piglet!

Spoiler

Somehow the Piglet managed to shoot down ITSELF with a missile. Nonetheless, it won the battle in the long run thanks to the Meteor's ability to faint. Not that the Piglet won't sometimes faint either.

The Piglet is currently the leader with a win streak of 2 in a row. Any new plane entering will need to shoot it down to free the other two.

Edited by Pds314

Looking at the Piglet's craft file, it has ALG gears and still has the WheelMotor module, you could try editing those out and seeing if that helps. Part count and terrain complexity, at least as far as I've seen during the BAD-T battles, merely resulted in reduced framerate, and might occasionally cause the game to hang for a half-sec every now and again, but not stutter.

9 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Looking at the Piglet's craft file, it has ALG gears and still has the WheelMotor module, you could try editing those out and seeing if that helps. Part count and terrain complexity, at least as far as I've seen during the BAD-T battles, merely resulted in reduced framerate, and might occasionally cause the game to hang for a half-sec every now and again, but not stutter.

Oh I edited those out.

I think I will be submitting my own entry soon. It is currently in testing and is 75 points and 6508 kg empty, and nearly 9000 kg as loaded. The thing is so far at least a bit faster than any other entry (and much faster than the piglet's 255 m/s or so) and can pull pretty hard maneuvers once it's up to speed without losing energy. It's got four engines so it has decent acceleration too, although I could probably make a 2-engine variant that was a lot lighter and still easily supersonic.

oll60mx.png

Edited by Pds314

just a question, though. I'm not quite established yet with BDAC. I've tested firing a missile from one of my BDAC fighters, and using the Weapon Manager, clicking while missile has locked its target didn't fire the missile. Only guns work on mine. Does it only work using AI Pilot? Can anyone help?

I was using @Papa_Joe's release.

Airplane Plus (Which is made for 1.4.x) works well on mine, 1.5.1.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

6 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

just a question, though. I'm not quite established yet with BDAC. I've tested firing a missile from one of my BDAC fighters, and using the Weapon Manager, clicking while missile has locked its target didn't fire the missile. Only guns work on mine. Does it only work using AI Pilot? Can anyone help?

I was using @Papa_Joe's release.

Airplane Plus (Which is made for 1.4.x) works well on mine, 1.5.1.

Did you have trigger set?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.