Juno Ace Ultimate Free For All

Pds314

Ah. There seems to be a possible issue with one of the control surfaces on this plane.
@SuicidalInsanity
Unless this is intentional I guess, since it technically doesn't violate any rules I can go ahead and fly it if you really want.

Also, it appears to block its own jet exhaust when pulling up, which means it will take off, fail to gain any altitude, lose speed, land, take off, fail to gain any altitude...
Also your intakes start closed, why is this?
Also just as a warning, I made a modified version of the aircraft for testing purposes and it seems to get GLOC'd really easily and take up to minutes to get out of it.

I think this plane will need to be resubmitted as I don't really know how you want each issue fixed.
0nFPEc9.png

Edited by Pds314

9 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

That's not supposed to happen. I'll double check the Proc wings, they do this sometimes when transferring through versions. Intakes were closed due to having a MM patch that added IntakeAtm to intakes, easy to fix. Also, GLOC?

G-induced loss of consciousness.
Also Wanderfound your plane has a pretty significant chance of colliding with the ground before a shot is fired. And remember being at a numerical disadvantage by the merge is pretty bad for your health because missiles follow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanchester's_laws

Edited by Pds314

36 minutes ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

Ohhhh gotta be quick. My first Juno fighter is done, but not yet armored.

Anyways, @Pds314, I'll be using Stock, A+ & SXT for the airframe.

Alright I will download those. I see no reason either of them are OP for just airframe.

As for armor, that's good but just remember that direct missile hits do a LOT of damage and you can't use BDA armor plates. I would not sacrifice too much energy for armor.

Edited by Pds314

1 hour ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

One thing to keep in mind with AP+ is BDAc doesn't know how to properly calculate the HP of some of AP+'s parts, resulting in parts with tens of thousands of HP, though there is a fix for this:

Alright. hmm. If I see crazy health beyond what stock structural parts have I will download that too.

1 hour ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Alright, try this - Meteor VIII, it should fix the issues you identified, including GLOC (turns out that setting got disabled somehow on my end, so the VII got tuned to pull more Gees than it should).

It's good EXCEPT at least on my end the thrust from the Juno is still blocked whenever it pulls up. I can just edit the Pcontrol surfaces to stop blocking the thrust if you want.

Edited by Pds314

35 minutes ago, Wanderfound said:

I've just realised that Sparrowhawk Mk1 actually has 65pts of weapons/engines, not 55. Revised version on the way.

Oh wait really? Ok yeah edit that pls. Wait so.. 30 pts of engines, 24 of guns, 10 of AIM-9s, 1 of flares yeah that's 65. You could remove a jet or both missiles, although from testing the missiles sometimes save it by shooting down incoming missiles, even if they often don't get launched at actual aircraft because the GAU-8s have really long engage ranges set.

On another note, is it possible you could give it a bit better abilities when it comes to taking off from terrain? Even fairly modest rolling plains seem to kill at least one of them before takeoff. That's again not the best situation seeing as during the initial merge you have both less weapons and less targets for the enemy to shoot at.

Edited by Pds314

Sparrowhawk Mk2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6kmvg97mtjevw7/Sparrowhawk Mk2.craft?dl=0

Two engines, three Vulcans, two AIM-9 and four flare dispensers for 55pts. And I've lowered the wing to provide as much tail clearance as possible; any further improvement to the rough-ground takeoff performance would require larger landing gear.

33 minutes ago, Wanderfound said:

Sparrowhawk Mk2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6kmvg97mtjevw7/Sparrowhawk Mk2.craft?dl=0

Two engines, three Vulcans, two AIM-9 and four flare dispensers for 55pts. And I've lowered the wing to provide as much tail clearance as possible; any further improvement to the rough-ground takeoff performance would require larger landing gear.

That should also reduce the mass a bit since vulcan rounds and guns are lighter.

2 hours ago, Pds314 said:

It's good EXCEPT at least on my end the thrust from the Juno is still blocked whenever it pulls up. I can just edit the Pcontrol surfaces to stop blocking the thrust if you want. 

Which control surfaces? Neither the inner ailerons nor the elevators are positioned in a way that would intersect the Juno's thrust.

15 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Which control surfaces? Neither the inner ailerons nor the elevators are positioned in a way that would intersect the Juno's thrust.

The elevators do when at full elevation.

Just now, SuicidalInsanity said:

The elevators don't block the engine at full elevation. Did the change from the VII to VIII fix any of the messed up proc control surface shapes?
D1MdZAs.png

Yeah it fixed the spoilers/inner ailerons.

38 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

But not elevators?
Ok, ripped the elevators off and fitted new ones - Meteor VIIIr: does it work now?

Not at my PC right now. I'll test it when I get there. If it still does not work I'll see if maybe my PWings is outdated.

Edited by Pds314

@SuicidalInsanity

hmm.. something is still wrong. Also I think some of the other control surfaces are distorted, looking at your pic they have hardly any offset. On mine, well... it looks like all surfaces are offset by like 0.200

JG6pJQA.png

I'm gonna see if maybe my PWings is messed up somehow.

EDIT: ok wow I was using a version of Pwings released 6 months ago. I'll update that and see if it works.

I'm gonna make sure all mods are updated before I do any videos. The first two contestants will definitely be the two uploaded so far though.

Mods updated:

• B9 Pwings: 0.60 -> B9 Pwings 0.71
  • FAR: ExtremeTrader's 0.15.9.4.2 patched -> dkavolis' FARc 0.15.9.5 'Lighthill'.
  • BDAc 1.2.3 -> BDAc 1.2.3.
  • Downloaded SXT 3.24.2
  • Downloaded AirplanePlus 24.0
  • Downloaded Tweakscale 2.4.0.6

Procedural parts is officially outdated but it doesn't have any noticeable issues AFAIK.

Edited by Pds314

@SuicidalInsanity Alright. It looks like updating mods fixed the plane. Sorry about that. I'll start recording ASAP.

Xk2ONcn.png

Hey. Uh, sorry about the further delays but @Wanderfound the Mk2 version is only 3509 kg without fuel, bullets, flares or missiles. That's not a tiny difference. It's 491 kg too light. I can add 500 kg of ore at the center of mass or strengthen the wings or something if you want or you can update the craft.

7NkFrlj.png

Edited by Pds314

44 minutes ago, Pds314 said:

Hey. Uh, sorry about the further delays but @Wanderfound the Mk2 version is only 3509 kg without fuel, bullets, flares or missiles. That's not a tiny difference. It's 491 kg too light. I can add 500 kg of ore at the center of mass or strengthen the wings or something if you want or you can update the craft.

Sorry about that, I thought it was clear of the weight limit. I'll update it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.