Pick which experiments to Transfer?

So I have a science lab full of 50+ experiments, some of which I'd like to keep for processing in the lab and some of which I'd like to return to Kerbin.

The lab is currently full of data, it will take an age to empty out.

Is there ANY way to separate the experiments between command pods? All the ways I'm aware of are all or nothing.

Do you have a science container? But maybe you can do this even with a pod...
Probably you have already realized this, but every time the lab´s got some free space (after a few days in research),  you can "review" the experiments in the container/pod and cycle between them, one by one. So you can chose which ones you want to sendo into the lab and still keep the others. If you have the experiments in your ship, you´ll be able to add the results to the lab even if you have already sent them back to the KSC, as long as you´re able to run them again.
But I believe you can´t send just one or a few specific from one part to another. Still, there is a mod from DMagic which allows you to chose WHERE you want to transmit your science to, whether a vessel or the KSC. So maybe you could use it to send those you want to another vessel, and then bring them back to the lab.

Try and take a look for a better description:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/108704-14x-15x-dmagics-modlets-ksp-14-updates-3-25-2018/

Edited by Cataclism

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

11 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

Is there ANY way to separate the experiments between command pods?

Nope, not without going in and doing arcane text-editor surgery on the game save file.  Once you dump stuff in together, there's no way to tease it apart again, since it's "all or nothing" as you describe.

As @Snark says, there is no way to tease out the experiments you want to keep.

The solution I use is to plan ahead. If planning ahead is complicated, then try to get every experiment twice (use the "container -> collect all" option on the probe core). Then use an EVA Kerbal to try to store every experiment into the return vehicle, and only then move across to the lab to store all the duplicates there.

It certainly isn't ideal. In the best of all worlds, it would be possible to scan through your science reports and "send" the ones you want to a given crewed pod, but this isn't the best of all worlds...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.