Looking for an Ultimate Modding Guide

italon

I mod games all the time. Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher 3, to name a few. But all of those games have an easy-to-find resource: a modding guide. Not something to teach me how to mod or create mods, but a guide that gives an up-to-date list of mods, dependencies, etc. and how to install them if required. I guess I'm trying to find one of those guides for KSP but I've looked through the internet and can't find anything specific or updated. Can someone point me in the right direction or shoot me a list of their add-ons? I've tried installing and configuring mods for the past two days and I've had to completely reinstall KSP to try and make everything work properly. I just want the game to look pretty with new atmospheres, cloud textures, fog, storms, wind, whatever and hopefully with animated clouds (at least to where they're rotating around a planet) and I can find and install gameplay and parts mods on my own but if you have those, too, bring it on.

Please and thanks!

edit: added a line

Edited by italon

Look at 

All mods have installation instructions in the OP, and if they don't, you just put the root folder of the mod in your GameData. Otherwise follow the specific instructions. 

On the topic of recommended mods: There have been quite a few posts asking what people's favorite mods are, what mods they recommend, what they do to make the game look better, ect ect. I suggest reading through a couple pages on this subforum to find these, or google it. 

3 hours ago, italon said:

a modding guide

Aside from the threads Ben mentioned, a mod guide for KSP does not exist, and never will.  There are way too many combinations of mods that make for a really enjoyable experience to say that any one set is "THE" way to mod.   Sure, there are big mods that do well with specific types of other mods, and there are recommended accessory mods for a lot of mods out there.   But any one mod that another player here might refuse to play without, I could care less about, and vice versa. 

There is no definitive modding guide for KSP, because it is impossible to write one. 

CKAN is a good starting point. It's not 100% comprehensive, but has most of the mods. it'll show you what's compatible with your game version, show required dependencies and lists other mods the author recommends.

It also performs installation for you, so it's as close to a one-stop shop as you'll find.

- Tyko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.